Where would Costal highways train unloading lead to (not to Ravine)

Willow

So on the opposite side of the Ravine transfer zone there’s an closed off path on the opposite side right next to an trailer, it looks like it goes above the cave to PV but then it seems to up the mountains, maybe to upper great bear?

B2BA2276-5048-44B5-A5A2-E697A91F54C7.png

• Like 1

There's sort of an implied answer to this, although that answer could easily be invalidated by someone simply redrawing the world map. Pleasant Valley and Coastal Highway are separated by a ridge of mountains. If you arrange the regional maps according to how they're laid out on the world map (individual regions aren't necessarily oriented with North at the top, you gotta compare tracks/lakes/rivers on the world map as context clues for how to rotate them), you can see the railroad tracks would continue east basically threading the needle between PV and CH. Currently, those tracks lead nowhere, but the same is also true of "The End of the Road" in PV. According to the world map, that would also be on the eastern edge of the region.

Stands to reason that Perseverence Mills will fill that role either by itself or in tandem with other new regions, on account of how they've kind of painted themselves into a corner in that part of the world. There's a nice big unused area south of Timberwolf Mountain/Ash Canyon, east of Pleasant Valley, northeast of Coastal Highway, and north of Desolation Point where you could fit a region or two. Link it to PV via a road, CH via railroad, and probably to DP either by adding a transition zone to the broken bridge, or to Scruffy's cave or something. There's really nowhere else to go unless you backtrack through an existing region, and I kind of get the impression that Astrid's adventure through CH is gonna be glossed over in the opening cinematic and we'll just jump right into the action in Episode 5 starting in a new never-before-seen region.

• Upvote 2

I always thought it was the end of the road, extended to the hill just for ‘parking’. But I like your theories:)

I understood it as the point where the logs are transferred to lorries, that bring it down to the seaside…

Edited by AdamvR
  • Like 1