Interloper spawns repeating

Nitzy

I'm playing again after a small break (haven't played since the dlc initial launch) and I'm finding that the spawn points for my interloper are getting a lot of repeats.

In my last several attempts I've spawned in ash canyon 3 times, desolation point 3 times, and PV twice. No where else.

My spawns are also in the same places within the regions.

Anyone else having this happen or am I just incredibly unlucky (or lucky depending on how you look at it lol)?

Hmm.. my last 3 interloper spawns were all in Desolation Point. 2 of them had same loot tables. So maybe something is off. I have abondoned the runs on 432, 268 and 48. Then Started Super Interloper run and currently on day 205ish and the loot is off. Its a interloper modified so shouldnt have stalker and below loot.

On my current run not only i find weapon cleaning kits like before but also:

The prepper bunker in Milton was loaded with loot - shouldnt happen and im checking other bunkers if its the only one or more.

I have found  revolver casings, revolver ammo, rifle casings as well. 

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

Hmm.. my last 3 interloper spawns were all in Desolation Point. 2 of them had same loot tables. So maybe something is off. I have abondoned the runs on 432, 268 and 48. Then Started Super Interloper run and currently on day 205ish and the loot is off. Its a interloper modified so shouldnt have stalker and below loot.

The prepper bunker in Milton was loaded with loot - shouldnt happen and im checking other bunkers if its the only one or more.

Custom Interloper (baseline resources low setting) accommodates "Gunloper" options, so custom interlopers will find gun cleaning kits and the like whether or not they have actually turned on rifles and/or revolvers.  It shouldn't be a big deal since, IMO; particularly since they are useless items to the bow-oriented interloper player.  I've put forth an item on the wish list to allow gun cleaning kits to be harvested into 1 cured leather which would give these items some use in interloper (which would affect the balance slightly, but not significantly since they are so rare a find anyways).  The bunkers, I suspect, are also not completely tied to the "baseline resources" setting since a custom player may want to play with baseline resources set to low but still have the bunker loot available.  If you don't want it in your run, just leave it in the bunker or throw it in a trash can some place would be my recommendation.  It doesn't really affect your run unless you want it to.  IMO, having custom interloper be slightly different than the standard is an OK compromise since it allows for the customization part.  Of course, bringing in individual toggles for those specific items would solve it completely (but it would make the custom menu inordinately long and even more complicated than it already is).

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Custom Interloper (baseline resources low setting) accommodates "Gunloper" options, so custom interlopers will find gun cleaning kits and the like whether or not they have actually turned on rifles and/or revolvers.  It shouldn't be a big deal since, IMO; particularly since they are useless items to the bow-oriented interloper player.  I've put forth an item on the wish list to allow gun cleaning kits to be harvested into 1 cured leather which would give these items some use in interloper (which would affect the balance slightly, but not significantly since they are so rare a find anyways).  The bunkers, I suspect, are also not completely tied to the "baseline resources" setting since a custom player may want to play with baseline resources set to low but still have the bunker loot available.  If you don't want it in your run, just leave it in the bunker or throw it in a trash can some place would be my recommendation.  It doesn't really affect your run unless you want it to.  IMO, having custom interloper be slightly different than the standard is an OK compromise since it allows for the customization part.  Of course, bringing in individual toggles for those specific items would solve it completely (but it would make the custom menu inordinately long and even more complicated than it already is).

Yeah i saw Your suggestion about the cleaning kits. I just leave them where they are or take them to my main base to put on the shelf of "bizzare" items that shouldnt be found on this difficulty. 

Im not really complaining that one of the bunker was full or im finding those items - i did leave the items inside  and didnt take it. Im just informing that those things occure - im not sure if they are intended or not. 

I have played custom before and the cleaning kits where there but i have never seen so many actuall amunition and casings. Lots of them found via beachcombing. Then again i have found rifle ammo, hunting knife and cardboard matches on one of my interloper runs a few months ago. 

3 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Yeah i saw Your suggestion about the cleaning kits. I just leave them where they are or take them to my main base to put on the shelf of "bizzare" items that shouldnt be found on this difficulty. 

Im not really complaining that one of the bunker was full or im finding those items - i did leave the items inside  and didnt take it. Im just informing that those things occure - im not sure if they are intended or not. 

I have played custom before and the cleaning kits where there but i have never seen so many actuall amunition and casings. Lots of them found via beachcombing. Then again i have found rifle ammo, hunting knife and cardboard matches on one of my interloper runs a few months ago. 

Again, I think some item discrepancies are going to be "necessary" between custom settings and the standard interloper because custom needs to accommodate whatever the player dreams up as a "challenging" combination for them.  Gunlopers complain about not finding cleaning kits and it is more of a problem for them than it is for bow-oriented interlopers to find them.  The solution would be to tag the items more specifically in the custom settings so they could be turned on or off individually (or in more precise groupings).  I think it would probably be a very complicated change to make in the code - and would probably result in even more bugs.

However, back on topic - Since custom "random" spawns allow for spawning in any zone generally, I doubt the random spawn setting in interloper is in any way related to the issue of finding differing loot in custom loper and standard loper.  In short - OP, I think it's just your luck.  They may have set probabilities for different spawn points that are higher or lower (that is, that random is not completely random), but that would make it intentional then.  It all the odds in the roll in the code are the same, then you're just on a "lucky streak."

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Again, I think some item discrepancies are going to be "necessary" between custom settings and the standard interloper because custom needs to accommodate whatever the player dreams up as a "challenging" combination for them.  Gunlopers complain about not finding cleaning kits and it is more of a problem for them than it is for bow-oriented interlopers to find them.  The solution would be to tag the items more specifically in the custom settings so they could be turned on or off individually (or in more precise groupings).  I think it would probably be a very complicated change to make in the code - and would probably result in even more bugs.

I understand your point and i agree. 

8 hours ago, James Hickok said:

I'm not playing custom but the loot has also been pretty much exactly the same. For example I spawned in the same location in DP and the loot in the lighthouse was the same each time. Very odd.

I have had a similar experience. I tried my first interloper runs a little while ago and was restarting due to quick death and the first four spawns were all Desolation Point, then the next two were Pleasant Valley.

Another different RNG issue I have found in my Stalker runs is that the loot doesn't seem to be very random and I will keep getting the same items over and over again in the same run, including the books. My most recent run I was finding so much Dog Food, Accelerant and Wilderness Kitchen books and not any of some other usually common items.

Edited by curtmantle

3 hours ago, Nitzy said:

I'm not playing custom but the loot has also been pretty much exactly the same. For example I spawned in the same location in DP and the loot in the lighthouse was the same each time. Very odd.

I still don't think it is necessarily a bug nor that the spawns and the loot issues you're having are related in any way.  The odds of getting one spawn vs. another or one loot table vs. another don't have to be all equal.  HL could have intentionally "loaded the dice" such that one spawn or one loot table comes up more frequently than another.  They could also tie the probability to any number of data points your system keeps track of (e.g. the date).  Those still wouldn't be a bug.  Of course, there could be a bug as well - e.g. some tag that's gotten stuck in your system.  To actually determine whether it's outside the realms of reasonable randomness would take a large number of repetitions.

All I can say is that my starts (and I've made several in the last couple of weeks on a variety of custom settings and a couple of standard ones) all seem to have sufficient variability to both spawn-in regions and points and loot found in those regions.  I haven't paid attention to any of the new loot tables, so I could not honestly say if I'm on the save loot table for some of those runs when they've spawned in a different region.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I decided to actually make an effort on interloper... I have never lasted more then 2-3 days so I was determined to roll DP spawn and grind this one out. Instead I got the SAME ash canyon 5x , HRV x 2. So instead I made a gunloper lol. 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, GOROKIO said:

Last night I decided to actually make an effort on interloper... I have never lasted more then 2-3 days so I was determined to roll DP spawn and grind this one out. Instead I got the SAME ash canyon 5x , HRV x 2. So instead I made a gunloper lol. 

It’s just lousy RNG… it averages out eventually, I should think…