Getting ready for a hike to the valley of a quiet river!

DIA

Need to take: sleeping bag made of bear skin, 8 kilograms of bear meat, 15 cartridges for a revolver, 10 cartridges for a shotgun, 1 rope, 6 antibiotic tablets, 12 painkiller tablets, 2 first aid syringes, 2 bottles of antiseptic, 5 bandages, 3 liters of water, 2 energy drinks , 1 liter of fuel for a lantern, 1 can of paint, 3 spruce logs.

Matches,cloth for repairs ...  

Why do much meat?  There should be plenty of wildlife around,plus carcasses..there's quite a few of them .

What difficulty are you on? 

Directions back out of there😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for the advice! According to your recommendations, I took: 10 pieces of fabric, 1 sewing kit, 1 gun cleaning kit, 3 cans of paint, reduced the amount of meat from 8 to 3 kilograms, 1 magnifying glass and 6 pieces of leather. Or did I forget something?

On 10/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, DIA said:

Need to take: sleeping bag made of bear skin, 8 kilograms of bear meat, 15 cartridges for a revolver, 10 cartridges for a shotgun, 1 rope, 6 antibiotic tablets, 12 painkiller tablets, 2 first aid syringes, 2 bottles of antiseptic, 5 bandages, 3 liters of water, 2 energy drinks , 1 liter of fuel for a lantern, 1 can of paint, 3 spruce logs.

Instead of bear skin bedroll i would take improved one - the bearskin requires bear skin to repair and your sleeping bag condition will go down fast in HRV not to mention the weight, no meat what so ever - just start with belly full and instead i would take 12 cattails and one box of crackers - there is plenty of wildlife in HRV, no guns only bow and 10 normal and 9 fire hardened arrows, no rope - you dont need it there and if you do just take one of the existing ones in HRV, antibiotocs ok, painkillers no need but ok, 2 adrenalin shots ok, no antiseptic its too heavy use old mans beard instead - keep minimum 2 of bandages at all times, 3 normal bandages, 3 litres of water ok, i dont have energy drinks but i guess they are ok if you need them, lantern with full oil, 12 sticks, at least 6 coal, 30 cloth, 5 ptarmigan feathers, 2 cooking pots, ~ 20 matches and a maglense, sewing kit @ 100%, Wetstone @ 100%. 

Before the trip repair all clothes and tools. 

EDIT :

How long do you want to stay in the region?

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much, I will definitely take all this into account! And I also developed tactics for passing (beware of spoilers)! The main purpose of my trip to the valley is to find an elk and then kill it! The second but no less important goal is to find a moose skin bag! And so my plan: 1) find the bunker of the fairy tale “signal emptiness”, this provides me with at least some kind of shelter! 2) Detect smoke from the signal fire and understand in which direction the camp is located. 3) After discovering the camp, visit all moose habitats and, if possible, eliminate them!