How hard it is sometimes for hamsters

DIA

It’s hard for me to part with even one unnecessary thing! Here's one funny incident. I was in the Lonely Swamp location and I had such a serious advantage that I couldn’t even run! After looking at the readings, I realized that before I can run, I need to lose 25 grams and then away we go! I looked in my inventory and found an item that could be thrown away: sticks! I was about to hit the eject button, but I realized I couldn't! The inner hamster wouldn't let me do it! I tried to convince myself: “Well, these are shelves, there are plenty of them all over the area!” In the end I found a compromise and decided to throw away the sticks in exchange for collecting twice as much later! But after 2 days I returned to the place where I threw the sticks and took them back!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Im like that as well. I like to hoard stuff to main base and leave regional bases with minimum eq.   When i loot an area i often end up with 55+ kgs of weight and cant climb ropes. I usually drop some of the stuff near a rope climb and get back to it later (goating - i know how to do it but i never use it. I feel like its cheating).

That is why im waiting so bad for the travois.......

On 10/10/2023 at 12:56 PM, James Hickok said:

Yeah im thinking about this as well. If not i will craft multiple of those (if possible) and leave each one in crucial rope climbs. 

I do expect it to be quite expensive though…, maybe two moose hides+…? So putting it everywhere could be a challenge ..:)

or, if there is only one, that we have to find, like the crampons/unique guns, then it must be movable between elevations, otherwise you cannot get it everywhere on the map

Edited by AdamvR

I have a stick addiction. I watch too many NOGOA streams even though my play mode is nothing like that hard lol
My games all have a little pile of sticks and water at the bottom and the top of every rope. I figure it'll all work out.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AdamvR said:

I do expect it to be quite expensive though…, maybe two moose hides+…? So putting it everywhere could be a challenge ..:)

I would like that. Craftables are too easy to craft material wise IMO. 

14 hours ago, AdamvR said:

or, if there is only one, that we have to find, like the crampons/unique guns, then it must be movable between elevations, otherwise you cannot get it everywhere on the map

Yeah if so that would mean its only intended for The Far Range Territory. That would suck a bit. 

13 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I also am a collector and hoarder, but I don't think I go as far as keeping sticks when I'm over-encumbered. ;)

Same here. Sticks are easy to refill and my fires are based on coal mostly anyway bcoz of the hard difficulty. I usually carry just a few sticks to start a fire and then use coal. When i need to keep a fire going for more time then i gather sticks around the fire to add up. I also like to gather coal from all the mines in game :) and place it in bases. 

10 hours ago, xanna said:

My games all have a little pile of sticks and water at the bottom and the top of every rope. I figure it'll all work out.

Yeah. I do the same. Water and stick will be the first to go if im over the limit. After some time on the run the climbing spots have water and sticks + coal sometimes. 

• Upvote 1