Playing with mods - Glamping in HRV

piddy3825

Just discovered this fun and immersive mod - Camping Tools v2.2.0 by Jods-Its

screen_aa9935e8-2844-418a-b6ab-d67eb82b9a2a_hi.thumb.png.c8a1dde575c17d0223b38baeff3256e0.png

Mod adds some makeshift tents and tanning racks covering wolf, deer, bear and moose hides.  The tent is the bearskin version although there is also blue tarp version.  The one thing missing is the fish rack.  I cobbled that together myself and it could use some improvement, yeah, I know.

Anyways you gotta craft the tents and tanning racks so you do need to collect the ingredients, hides and such.  You gotta kill four bears to make this bearskin tent but it so worth the effort.  The tent is pretty heavy too when you are carrying it in your inventory but ideal for use in remote places like HRV where I currently find myself.  Monolith Lake is about the remotes place I can think of right now in this game and this tent along with the updated ice fishing feature is quickly helping to make HRV one of my more favorite regions.

Curious if anyone else is playing with this mod and if so, what are your impressions?  

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

Whilst it's sad that TLD could be finishing up possibly next year, I cannot wait to delve into the mods this game has to offer! Being able to turn a simple cave into a home is awesome!

Does the tent act as a wind barrier? Always wanted an alternative to the snow shelter when it comes to camping out in the open.

Edited by Smellyfries
Added a question

2 hours ago, Smellyfries said:

Whilst it's sad that TLD could be finishing up possibly next year, I cannot wait to delve into the mods this game has to offer! Being able to turn a simple cave into a home is awesome!

Does the tent act as a wind barrier? Always wanted an alternative to the snow shelter when it comes to camping out in the open.

No, it does not appear that they do.  You can actually walk right through any of the items... but the tanning racks do allow the hides to cure even when placed outside.  
I dunno, I'll have to setup outside on the ice for the full experience.  The pieces do look so lore friendly though, just what the game needs to be that much more immersive imho.

• Upvote 1

screen_a8e4834f-0203-42ad-9e24-8d06c2bad97e_hi.thumb.png.3f58baa7afe0e469e9d72183b516ad9d.png

Had a little extra time so I crafted this tarp tent that's part of this mods camping equipment.  I really like the concept, I just wish the color wasn't such a solid brand new looking color of blue.  The tarps we see and find in the game all look worn and slightly battered, I was hoping we'd get that here too.  I dunno, I'll stick with the bearskin tent for now.  

• Upvote 3

Feels fitting for such a cold environment, agree that the color of the tarp is a bit too bright but I do like the patches in the tarp. Maybe if there were splotches of dirt or simply areas of worn color it would fit more. Now all it needs is a little camp stove and that tent could be home for weeks! This combined with the Place Everywhere mods and similar, I could see an extremely cozy campground being made in almost every region! Just fits the game so well!

@Smellyfries, I really like the feel of this mod.  It's overall very immersive from the perspective that all of the items appear and feel to be very lore worthy.  It's definitely something a survivor with a little ingenuity and access to tools could and would be able to cobble together.  I especially like the tents for camping out on the ice especially where no other shelters exist.  Can't really make a snow shelter out on the ice, am I right?  

• Upvote 1