Stuck on the Epic Games responsibility screen. Shame on you?

Bronetancheg

You have been solving this problem for 2 years. During this time, you can make a new game, and even more so fix the error, but there are only excuses on the forums. Remove the game from Epic Games if you can't solve this problem. Some people buy the game on this platform, you can write that now there are errors at launch

Edited by Bronetancheg

1 hour ago, Bronetancheg said:

You have been solving this problem for 2 years. During this time, you can make a new game, and even more so fix the error, but there are only excuses on the forums. Remove the game from Epic Games if you can't solve this problem. Some people buy the game on this platform, you can write that now there are errors at launch

Well, maybe you have the problem because I don't have any problems with the Epic version, I can play without problems, try uninstalling the game and deleting it from the folder and proceed to reinstall it.

12 hours ago, mayimbe said:

Ну, возможно у вас проблема, потому что у меня нет проблем с версией Epic, я могу играть без проблем, попробуйте удалить игру и удалить ее из папки и перейти к ее переустановке.

Read a few posts below and you will understand that this is not only my problem 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:59 AM, Bronetancheg said:

Read a few posts below and you will understand that this is not only my problem 

There will always be one apologist for absolutely anything. It's quite cringeworthy really as it has indeed been years and affects lots of people, there is literally no conclusive fix. 

Quote from latest patch notes.

"Fixed an issue where some players using the Epic Game store were unable to progress past the Disclaimer screen. (If you continue to encounter this issue, please send a message to our Support portal..."

Hope it actually works for most if not all of you.

Edited by rush247

On 26.09.2023 at 20:50, rush247 said:

Цитата из последних примечаний к патчу.

«Исправлена проблема, из-за которой некоторые игроки, использующие магазин Epic Game, не могли пройти дальше экрана отказа от ответственности. (Если вы продолжаете сталкиваться с этой проблемой, отправьте сообщение на наш портал поддержки...»

Надеюсь, это действительно сработает для большинства, если не для всех из вас.

Й Unfortunately they didn't fix it, I just checked. I don’t know, maybe the update hasn’t come out yet Epic Games . 

1 hour ago, Bronetancheg said:

Й Unfortunately they didn't fix it, I just checked. I don’t know, maybe the update hasn’t come out yet Epic Games . 

It says "all platforms" in the post.  Have you tried clearing the cache?  

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games-store-c5719341124379/launcher-support-c5719357217435/troubleshooting-the-epic-games-launcher-a5720215069211

I can confirm that the latest update has not fixed this issue. I'm still unable to proceed beyond the disclaimer screen.

Epic Launcher reports that my version is PC_TLD_120705.

I tried re-downloading the game and verifying it, clearing Epic cache, logging out of Epic and back in - it all makes no difference.

Win 10 Pro 22H2, 5900X, 64GB, RTX 3080.

2 hours ago, Unitroop said:

Я могу подтвердить, что последнее обновление не устранило эту проблему. Я все еще не могу выйти за пределы экрана отказа от ответственности.

Epic Launcher сообщает, что моя версия — PC_TLD_120705.

Я пробовал повторно загрузить игру и проверить ее, очистить кеш Epic, выйти из Epic и снова войти — все это не имеет значения.

Win 10 Pro 22H2, 5900X, 64 ГБ, RTX 3080Likewise

Likewise 

What about bypassing the Epic Launcher?  Make sure to quit it if it's open, find and run tld.exe .  Your browser will likely open asking you to login to your epic account (this is to confirm ownership) follow the prompts and once done the game should launch.  Create a shortcut to the exe and put it on your desktop to make this a little quicker.  Unfortunately the browser stuff likely can't be bypassed and will happen every time you launch the game.

Edited by rush247

10 hours ago, rush247 said:

What about bypassing the Epic Launcher?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, and tld.exe just starts the Epic Launcher. I also tried offline mode by disabling my network adapter, and it still fails in the same way.

That's odd, did you exit completely?  As in right click on the system tray icon and select exit which should shutdown the launcher entirely?  If you did then maybe it only does the browser confirmation thing I described for certain games. 🤔 

On 10/2/2023 at 5:44 PM, rush247 said:

That's odd, did you exit completely?  As in right click on the system tray icon and select exit which should shutdown the launcher entirely?  If you did then maybe it only does the browser confirmation thing I described for certain games. 🤔 

Yes, I completely exited the launcher by right-clicking on the taskbar icon and selecting exit.

I checked the player.log and there's no obvious error, except for a lot of failed bucket allocations - is this normal?

[ALLOC_TYPETREE] Dual Thread Allocator
  Peak main deferred allocation count 0
    [ALLOC_BUCKET]
      Large Block size 4.0 MB
      Used Block count 1
      Peak Allocated bytes 3.9 MB
      Failed Allocations. Bucket layout:
        16B: 23 Subsections = 23552 buckets. Failed count: 0
        32B: 42 Subsections = 21504 buckets. Failed count: 59066
        48B: 47 Subsections = 16042 buckets. Failed count: 8176
        64B: 30 Subsections = 7680 buckets. Failed count: 10490
        80B: 46 Subsections = 9420 buckets. Failed count: 15572
        96B: 40 Subsections = 6826 buckets. Failed count: 33376
        112B: 15 Subsections = 2194 buckets. Failed count: 47967
        128B: 13 Subsections = 1664 buckets. Failed count: 13040

8 hours ago, Unitroop said:

Yes, I completely exited the launcher by right-clicking on the taskbar icon and selecting exit.

I checked the player.log and there's no obvious error, except for a lot of failed bucket allocations - is this normal?

I honestly don't know, I'd keep it around for support though should you decide to contact them, they might ask for it.  iirc there was one thread where they said they were asking for player's save files but not much more.

• 2 weeks later...

These devs are so bad lmfao. They have had an active game for sale on Epics launcher forever and it has never worked.

Every blue moon I am reminded I wanted to try this game, and am quickly reminded that this is never going to be fixed.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, forzer said:

These devs are so bad lmfao. They have had an active game for sale on Epics launcher forever and it has never worked.

Every blue moon I am reminded I wanted to try this game, and am quickly reminded that this is never going to be fixed.

But it's fixed. You're imagining it. I'm imagining it too. This is because there are multiple threads of people saying they're hard locked on the disclaimer screen but always one helpful aspiring young sausage from steam claiming "it works for him, sorry to hear it doesn't work for you have you tried verifying the game files" well gee thanks bro, none of us 3 years had thought of that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 7:05 PM, rush247 said:

What about launch options?  This seems to work for people experiencing the same issue on Steam.  "-force-glcore"

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but the game is still stuck on the disclaimer screen.

I can tell from the Unity logfile that it started the game in OpenGL mode, so the launch option did something, but didn't fix the issue.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I installed the new update (2.25) on Epic...

Reluctantly, I clicked on the icon to start it. I wondered how many times I had done this before, only to have my hopes and dreams quashed by the disclaimer screen of eternal waiting.

I thought to myself, why do I even bother with this anymore? Then, suddenly, I hear a faint song playing from somewhere indeterminate. It's Journey - Don't stop believing... The song grows stronger. The disclaimer screen appears. I press the space bar, just as the song reaches its chorus "Don't stop believing!"...

They fixed it! They finally fixed it! 🥹

I watch in silent awe of the magnificent main menu that appears on my screen. I'm almost afraid to touch anything, afraid to ruin it, but I start a new game. It works.

Don't stop believing.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Unitroop said:

So I installed the new update (2.25) on Epic...

Reluctantly, I clicked on the icon to start it. I wondered how many times I had done this before, only to have my hopes and dreams quashed by the disclaimer screen of eternal waiting.

I thought to myself, why do I even bother with this anymore? Then, suddenly, I hear a faint song playing from somewhere indeterminate. It's Journey - Don't stop believing... The song grows stronger. The disclaimer screen appears. I press the space bar, just as the song reaches its chorus "Don't stop believing!"...

They fixed it! They finally fixed it! 🥹

I watch in silent awe of the magnificent main menu that appears on my screen. I'm almost afraid to touch anything, afraid to ruin it, but I start a new game. It works.

Don't stop believing.

For real?  That's awesome!  As I said before hopefully it works for everyone or almost everyone.