V.215: Abandonded lookout no longer enterable

joki

With V.215 i can no longer enter the abandonded lookout in the coastal highway map, because there is still no way to walk over any obstacles higher than an inch, and there is this little step at the very top of the stairs now:

gw8j42ni.jpg

Tested this, you can still get over it, it's just occasionally you aren't able to step onto it. takes a bit of wiggling if you do get stuck on it but you'll get over it. I'll still add it to the bug list and it will get fixed, just not as major as I originally thought. I was thinking you guys literally couldn't get in, which out be bad. But 8/10 times I got by no problem. other 2 times, required so wiggling to get over it.

Jeremy

After I had initially given up and thought it was impossible to get in, I read this and went back. With a few tries I can still get in. It is nowhere near 8 of 10 for me thou, more like 3 of 10 :lol: . I am heavily encumbered thou and it might be fps-dependant, like e.g. the jumping height is with the id tech 3 engine. I would consider it less critical since you can still get in. :D

I'm stuck at the top the stairs, I can't step onto the main landing. The main landing is just a little bit higher up than the stair landing. I've never had a problem with it before.

Also in the past I've had items I've dropped sink into the floor, at both ML and CH lookouts.

I'm new here so I don't know of any previous discussions. Seems like this problem and many others could be solved by the Player being able to jump/step up on obstacles at a maximum of 6 inches ( 15.24 centimeters ) or less. I've lost count of all the times I have been out exploring and nearly got trapped due to the inability to get over an obstacle that appears as only 4 inches ( 10.16 centimeters ) or so. This shortfall greatly cuts back on the immersion/realism factor.

I've visited the CH Lookout again in a different save and had no problem.

I'm new here so I don't know of any previous discussions. Seems like this problem and many others could be solved by the Player being able to jump/step up on obstacles at a maximum of 6 inches ( 15.24 centimeters ) or less. I've lost count of all the times I have been out exploring and nearly got trapped due to the inability to get over an obstacle that appears as only 4 inches ( 10.16 centimeters ) or so. This shortfall greatly cuts back on the immersion/realism factor.

It's been said before they won't add jumping. As annoying and ridiculous as it is, it does create some interesting pathing adding to the difficultly of avoiding wolves. Finding safe routes and learning the wolf patrols is a major part of the game.

For instance the ML's lake in stalker sometimes has up to 5 wolves at a time on the ice, making it nesscary to walk all the way around the backside of it, when travelling to Lone Lake Cabin.

There is a large group of rocks between Lone Lake Cabin and other nearby cabins, you can climb up the hill to Lone Lake Cabin completely avoid the wolves. But you cannot use the same path going back from Lone Lake Cabin, because a tiny bit of snow blocking the path on that side of the rocks.

The rocks completely block the view of the cabins, and a wolf pats close to the cabins. You need to check the coast is clear moving towards the lonely fishing hut. I got killed by a wolf once not checking if it was safe.

I'm assuming some of those annoying bits of snow were intentional.

I suspect its more fps/engine dependant now, how high the steps can be, that you can step over, rather than your walking speed (e.g. being encumbered).

I was at ML's lookout today and the same thing as before happened again. I dropped some stuff and was able to make it past the tiny hurdle.

So it was indeed the weight.

Archived