Hello from Spain

Hi! I've been playing The Long Dark since the Steadfast Ranger update around 2019 and, run after run, I've slowly moved from "man, I really love this game" to "ok, this is a masterpiece".

For Survival I always play Custom. I play at a veeeery slow pace, not optimizing at all but kind of role-playing, if you know what I mean. I start a fire almost every night because it feels good, drink coffee in the morning if I can afford it, try to keep a somehow sensible diet, arrange my bases to my liking and so on (I know some of you do it too because I've taken ideas from your posts!) I like my runs to be hard and punishing but with room to do the role-playing thing, so my settings are something like harsh weather, medium needs (to have some time to "waste"), very low wildlife but with max detection and damage (I avoid wolves like the plague) and a little less loot than Stalker.

Sadly, I abandoned my last survivor at Mountaineer's after learning about the save incompatibility with TFTFT (he had already brought everything from the summit so he should be fine) and now am thrilled to start a fresh long run with all the amazing stuff that's coming. I'm just waiting for a little more content to drop and more real-life time available to really immerse in it.

I've been reading these forums for a while now and I want to thank you all for being such a lovely community. Some of you have helped me understand mysterious game mechanics, given me ideas for my runs, or entertained me with your survival struggles. Also, I know it's been said a lot here before but I want to appreciate myself the amazing work of the dev team, creating this wonderful apocalyptic world, caring about the community and listening to their ideas while keeping the thing true to its principles, and continuously improving what already is an absolute gem of a game. Hinterland has all my respect and I will definitely be here no matter what, enjoying TFTFT, episode 5 and whatever may come, whenever they feel they are ready.

Thank you all. See you around!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JohnLovesCoffee said:

Haha thank you! I'm with The Hunted 1 right now and the bear has eaten lots of my pants already

Dang ol bear!!! I've only done the challenge once successfully. I don't remember how many times I got booted to the main menu by that bear before I got it completed.

• Like 1