even further into the sleeplessness

JackTrysGames

So, as you may know, I often play as a Sleepless Wanderer- often having near-zero Fatigue and crossing region thresholds by chugging coffee for climbs.

But I have found something in the recent Frontier Cooking update that cracks my playstyle wide open and makes it possible to be abused by everyone else.
Specifically, Peach Pies and Rose Hip Pies. I'm never making Rose Hip Tea again.

You see, Peach Pies and Rose Hip Pies don't just give you Fatigue Reduced, despite what it looks like. No, sir.
They give you a flat boost to your Fatigue.
So if you were to eat, say, four at a time, you'd gain half of your Fatigue back (or all of it, if you're a STTH user).

On an unrelated note, I haven't slept at all on any of my recent TLD saves.

• Upvote 1

Milton sits in silence, awaiting its only visitor.

I arrive, bearing a hatchet I found on the dashboard of a car.

Benches, tables, chairs, stools, crates, planks, pallets- none are spared, and I have 99 reclaimed wood by the time the first day becomes a dusk.

Paradise Meadows. Orca Gas Station.  Bank manager's house. One by one. Cooking oil, salt, flour, potatoes. So many potatoes I lose track.

And then... I crack my knuckles, set down three skillets, and the symphony begins.

Oatmeal. Pancakes. Bannocks. Pies of every type- peach, rabbit, venison, and enough rose hip pies to fill an entire house.

I don't sleep anymore. I just eat a peach pie and continue. My buffs list is a mile long. I haven't been able to see clearly in a week.

The melody of cooking doesn't end... even as I pass day 30.

On 7/22/2023 at 5:29 PM, JackTrysGames said:

I arrive, bearing a hatchet I found on the dashboard of a car.

Benches, tables, chairs, stools, crates, planks, pallets- none are spared, and I have 99 reclaimed wood by the time the first day becomes a dusk.

I haven't been able to see clearly in a week.

Hmm...hatchet + not seeing clearly = lost fingers? ;)

• Upvote 2