Any update on Episode 5?

Damondium

First of all, love the game. Bought it back in 2014. This may be a broken record, but it is now going on 10 years. It feels like the focus is on everything *but* completing the original promise. I can't find anything about progress on it. Am I the only person left that cares about it? I wish I could be more positive than this but it is very frustrating. At the very least, post progress more often so it doesn't feel like waiting for an update without a progress bar. :(

Waiting by the phone,
Damon

Recently they split the team into a group working solely on Episode 5 and one working Solely on the Tales expansion.

They are working hard on Episode 5 and the plan is last we heard that it will be releasing sometime next year.

The idea is that while the Episode 5 branch of the team works hard on completing it in the meantime we still get tons of new content as we wait.

Once TFTFT is completed, I feel as if we won't have long to wait for Episode 5 to finally hit as well.

However we as fans and players must understand that Episode 5 is likely going to be the longest Episode yet as it has a lot of plot points to tie together to give Hinterland and Us a satisfactory ending.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Recently they split the team into a group working solely on Episode 5 and one working Solely on the Tales expansion.

They are working hard on Episode 5 and the plan is last we heard that it will be releasing sometime next year.

The idea is that while the Episode 5 branch of the team works hard on completing it in the meantime we still get tons of new content as we wait.

Once TFTFT is completed, I feel as if we won't have long to wait for Episode 5 to finally hit as well.

However we as fans and players must understand that Episode 5 is likely going to be the longest Episode yet as it has a lot of plot points to tie together to give Hinterland and Us a satisfactory ending.

It was mentioned Raph will be putting out information about episode 5 before the end of the year but the episode will not be released until into 2024. I don’t mind the wait I agree with you there are like 7 different plots to wrap up and a region we’ve been speculating about for almost a decade. It’s not just a monumental moment for the players it will be a shared  experience with the studio. To me, however, episode 5 is tinged with a great bittersweet sadness episode 5 will mark the closing of the games planned journey and having grown so long with the game I hope that they will continue with expansions beyond tales and beyond episode 5 because it will be a truly sad day when future development has faded into the long dark 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Damondium said:

Thanks to both of you for your thoughtful and informative responses, I appreciate it! :)

There’s a very real possibility that episode 5 having so much to wrap up and so much to reveal and that it concerns both Astrid and Will that it could be spread over more than one update as well though that’s a speculation from me tbf

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, axl said:

I must say that it now seems that the Tales from the Far Territory is getting more attention than Winter Mute Espiode 5 and I no longer believe that it will ever come because they are too busy with the Tales story

Well, they separated the groups for a reason and it is certain that they are working on both projects with the same effort, among other projects, they are reporting on everything they are doing, so far they have fulfilled everything promised.

• Upvote 2