Still no FPS toggle on my Xbox Series S

It was advertised for part 3 of TFTFT that 60 fps would be implemented into TLD on current and next generation consoles, however the setting to change this is simply not present on my console. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, messed with the Xbox’s display setting itself, and still nothing.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, theisaactrain said:

It was advertised for part 3 of TFTFT that 60 fps would be implemented into TLD on current and next generation consoles, however the setting to change this is simply not present on my console. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, messed with the Xbox’s display setting itself, and still nothing.

Thank you for reaching out. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. We will share more information as soon as it is available, and we appreciate your patience. 

While this is not an exhaustive list, please visit this link for a list of high-profile Known Issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/10522105337364-Known-Issues 

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand this at all, the game was running really good on series s before this whole update. Now it runs at like 20 fps, and of course the one console I have is the only one that got shafted by this update. I normally don't care about fps too much, but low fps in this game makes it very unplayable, it gives me migraines and makes me really nauseous. I would rather have waited for the big update, and keep playing without frontier cooking, than having this released in the state it is. There needs to be more bug testing, open an experimental version and let people test it for you without pay if that's the prime concern. And if you're worried about leaks of new things make people sign an NDA before playing said experimental version. I don't mind waiting for content, as long as I'm actually able to use the product I paid full price for. What I do mind is my game being forced into an unplayable state, and then not being able to play for well over a month, especially when I got maybe 2 or 3 weeks to play after purchasing. It's just sad to see my all time favorite game to play, being so mismanaged, it's just irritating. I was so happy to support and sing praise to hinterland, but it's crazy for a company that's been doing this for this long to make these mistakes. I'm getting real close to just asking for a refund, and never looking back.