Stuck on Disclaimer (Epic Launcher)

SadCheese

Like title, the game doesn't boot further than the Disclaimer screen. After "press any key to continue", nothing happens.

My own disclaimer: I bought the game on Steam after 2 days of troubleshooting. Lo and behold, the Steam version works perfectly. In other words, the problem is not my PC, it's the Epic version. I could've skipped all this trouble lol.

Anyway, things I have tried:

- Uninstalling/reinstalling game (like 10 times)
- Uninstalling/reinstalling DLC only (also 10 times)
- Logging in/out of Epic
- Validating files (at least 20 times)
- Updating drivers
- Updating Windows
- Installing different versions of VC++ Redistributable (including specific hotfixes)
- Installing different versions of .NET Framework
- Booting with and without an internet connection
- Nuked my firewall
- Disabling cloud-saves
- Disabling Epic-overlay
- Deleted all videofiles (Unity bug that crashes with MP4)
- NoSync folder is empty (have not been able to start the game once)
- Additional command line arguments (many)
- Editing values in the "boot" file (both DLC and original folder)
- Running the .exe (both original and DLC) as administrator / tried different compatibility options

My PC: 7700x - 6800XT - 32GB DDR5 - M.2 gen5 - 850W - Windows 11 Home

Edited by SadCheese
Clarification
  • Upvote 1

I actually just got my account approved and was going to post about this exact issue. There are tons of posts on the Long Dark subreddit about this and does not seem like an isolated issue at all. I've tried everything under the sun just like you did with no progress. I also opened a ticket within their support system 12 days ago but I still have not gotten a response.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:31 PM, Admin said:

Thank youfor posting. We'll follow up on this via direct message. 

Can you reply publicly lol, there are tons of people with this problem and are receiving no responses from your support tickets.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:49 PM, forzer said:

Can you reply publicly lol, there are tons of people with this problem and are receiving no responses from your support tickets.

We are investigating this issue, and we certainly want to help as many players as possible and be as transparent as possible. To clarify, we are currently requesting that players send in their saves and let us know the email they have used to reach out to our Support Team. To protect people's privacy, we suggest sending emails to us via direct message. We hope that helps, and we will certainly share more information about this issue, and a potential fix, when it is available. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I am somewhat active on the Discord for TLD (which is completely unrelated to Hinterland whatsoever), but we get a lot of new folks joining asking about the Epic version of getting stuck on the loading/warning screens.

I own the game on Steam, but while I had the brief issue (might have been based on the fact that I play on Linux), things were sorted out quickly. Hinterland, could you please state if this is an Epic issue or a Hinterland issue with which you're working with Epic?

I've been trying to point out links here, but there have been folks who can reinstall, or uninstall DLC/start the game/reinstall DLC, and various other workarounds that only sometimes work. I have recently been suggesting everyone submit a ticket, but if anyone official could posit a response more so that would exemplify what to do, that'd be GLORIOUS! :D

Edited by Asinine

19 hours ago, Asinine said:

So, I am somewhat active on the Discord for TLD (which is completely unrelated to Hinterland whatsoever), but we get a lot of new folks joining asking about the Epic version of getting stuck on the loading/warning screens.

I own the game on Steam, but while I had the brief issue (might have been based on the fact that I play on Linux), things were sorted out quickly. Hinterland, could you please state if this is an Epic issue or a Hinterland issue with which you're working with Epic?

I've been trying to point out links here, but there have been folks who can reinstall, or uninstall DLC/start the game/reinstall DLC, and various other workarounds that only sometimes work. I have recently been suggesting everyone submit a ticket, but if anyone official could posit a response more so that would exemplify what to do, that'd be GLORIOUS! :D

I don't even get why they can't just remove the disclaimer screen. At this point it's 2023.... People know the game isn't real life and people know epilepsy exists and a miniscule fraction of those with it can be triggered by screens/media.... Literally it's unnecessary covering of the gluteus maximus to be honest. Just put a few lines of text on the store page for the game, job/obligation done/fulfilled. 

20 hours ago, Asinine said:

Thank you for reaching out. This is an issue we are working to resolve on our end, and we will provide more information in the near future. 

• 2 months later...

ı send mail but not saw .  it is not fix the problem . ı played the 4 epsiod 2 years ago but new update ruin the game   it is not opining .ı waiting 5 month the  disclaimer screen. in my opinion account not connecting the epic lancuer because on the game screen it seemsblue line pls look

The Long Dark Screenshot 2023.11.15 - 03.52.09.17.png