Do flare (distress) gun shells spawn on custom.

• Duskfountain4 changed the title to Do flare (distress) gun shells spawn on custom.

Found them on multiple different custom runs, they definitely do spawn. But, they're very rare and after the change in item spawns they've pretty much never spawned in the same locations twice. I've also just found the pistol without any shells nearby a couple times.

on my current interloper runs Astrid day 230ish and Will day 168 i have found only 3 shells on Astrid and 1 on Will after looting whole world. Never found any via new beachcombing. Yesterday i shot a bear in TWM wit the flare pistol and after i harvested it i saw the shell on the ground when the carcass despawned. Now it happened to me many times before but i could never pick up the shell. Yesterday i did pick it up and it was....still unused somehow. Seems like a bug. Shells after the update are harder to find on loper. Its a good thing tho bcoz the pistol is OP. 

• Upvote 1

That shell issue sounds like an old bug that came back to life. In 2017 shortly after the first iteration of Story Mode dropped, this was also an issue. You'd shoot a flare shell at something, and find an intact shell on the ground at the same spot the following day.

Oh I exploited the hell out of it, don't get me wrong. But yeah that's definitely not supposed to happen.

• Upvote 1