Does the handheld radio make the wildlife more aggressive/erratic?

I'm asking because I was wandering round broken with it on today and I was ok at first but after a few minutes the wolves went nuts. Running in circles and a few even started growling at me.  Even the bear started running back and forth. I've never seen either of them freak out so much.

• Upvote 1

No but what may have happened is the aurora just decided it was time to stop. The instant that happens all aurora wolves and bears go into their flee animation until they despawn, and are replaced with regular counterparts. Although electronics will continue to work for a minute or so during the transition period.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

No but what may have happened is the aurora just decided it was time to stop. The instant that happens all aurora wolves and bears go into their flee animation until they despawn, and are replaced with regular counterparts. Although electronics will continue to work for a minute or so during the transition period.

The aurora had only been going for about an hour and it continued all night.   I had time to check that half of the map including the lodge and up round the rickety bridge and had several hours sleep before it ended.   

They flee anyway on pilgrim,it's mainly the growling that's odd.  

On a side note I know bunnies are supposed to despawn but I had three at the lighthouse in bleak two nights before that. And the aurora had been going for several hours then too.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm asking because I was wandering round broken with it on today and I was ok at first but after a few minutes the wolves went nuts. Running in circles and a few even started growling at me.  Even the bear started running back and forth. I've never seen either of them freak out so much.

I'm not sure, were you playing rap music on the radio?  I've heard that the denizens of Great Bear despise rap music...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm not sure, were you playing rap music on the radio?  I've heard that the denizens of Great Bear despise rap music...

Well I do like the beastie boys but sadly I was just listening to the aurora and nothing else.

• Like 1