Holster versus other accessories-thoughts/advice?

Pre TFTFT my first goal, after sorting the essentials, would be a run to AC to get the tech backpack & crampons.

I didn't bother on my most recent run, as I wanted to get to the transponder and start the tale straight off.

I'm now in AC, heading, for the mine,  and (assuming those items having been moved by the loot refresh), I'm contemplating what to do with my accessory slots.

Both the headwrap and crampons make sense to keep for occasional use in particular situations due to their weight/usefulness ratio.  I'm just not seeing any reason to use the holster, once I have moose bag and tech backpack, as they appear to offer a better buff across all items carried, not just the rifle (which is now less of a problem due to Vaughn's variant anyway).

Maths is by no means a strong point of mine,- but if the holster reduces rifle weight by 50%, and other accessories add a plus 5kg carry capacity,  would we need a 10kg+ weapon for the holster to be an upgrade on the other options...?

Armored Core Analogs: Chain Guns - The Raven Republic

It's nice to finally have a decision about what to do with these slots, but it doesn't seem to be too difficult at the moment.  Am I missing something?

Edited by Valuable Hunting Knife
extra maths

I personally go for Moose Hide Satchel + Crampons and just leave it at that...

As someone pointed out elsewhere in the forum, you use the holster to reduce weight, presumably because you're maxed out, but then need to climb a rope and therefore switch to the crampons, which means you might get over the weight limit, etc, etc.

• Like 1