"Summoning" a Blizzard?

ajb1978

Posting here because my observations are going to be extremely prone to confirmation bias, so I want to see if others have had a similar experience. Now that the DIY mod is back, I have a need for an obscene amount of cedar, so I've been chopping up limbs left and right. And the frequency of Blizzards has shot through the roof. Now I'm aware correlation != causation, and yet I can't help but think my over-harvesting is causing Blizzards to become a lot more frequent.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Where you can "summon" a Blizzard by harvesting the crap out of a bunch of limbs in a single day?

Edit: And of course, the moment I post this, the blizzards stop...

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've played the game long enough that I've questioned if the game recognizes the fact that I'm chopping wood, or starting a fire that's exposed to the wind from one side, and decides to chuck a blizzard my way. Or start a fire to harvest an animal on Interloper, and there's suddenly a gust of heavy wind, that last long enough to put my fire out, before clearing up to a beautiful day again. 

Probably the most recent case was chopping firewood for harvesting a Moose, only for a blizzard to roll in after what was almost half a day of sunny weather. I think performing any action that passes time, like chopping wood, can cause the game to increase the frequency of when weather changes, perhaps to help simulate time passing.