An Afflicted Start

Zaknafein

Watched this yesterday and I enjoyed it!
Amazing to see how hard it was to get food poisoning even from raw meat sometimes. I like the fact that since v2 falling through ice give 100% hypothermia risk instantly. For this challenge it's a much easier way to get hypothermia!

Infection is a funny one, isn't it? It's easy to treat the risk, easy to treat the infection, and it's possible the risk never leads to the infection anyway, so it's one of the weaker afflictions IMO. To explain why it seemed slow: according to the fan wiki, once you get the risk, at a random time up to 24 hours after the risk starts, there is a diceroll to see if the infection sets in, with higher risk meter being a higher risk of infectious success. It's like the parasites mechanic, expect done at a random time, rather than at T+24 hours. The risk never exceeds 90%, so that's why it seemed slow to you once it got there.

Parasite and infection are the only risk meters that actually are risk. Hypothermia and frostbite are called 'risk', but there's no probability involved, which confused me until I looked it up.

Love these sorts of challenges. Thanks for the vid :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1