Masterwork variants for Level 5 Crafting

ajb1978

Just thinking it'd be kind of slick if at Level 5 for Archery, Mending, and Gunsmithing, some new Masterwork crafting recipes unlock. They'd require a ton more time and resources than the base variants, but would allow you to craft improved versions of clothing that offer better stats for less weight. Or variants of the Bow, Rifle, or Revolver that are lighter, faster, or hit harder than stuff you find in the world. Because if you're really a master gunsmith, you are probably capable of some ingenious marvels of both artistry and engineering even while full on Tony Starking it all up from scraps in a cave.  And after your 100th bearskin coat, I'd think you know a thing or two about the craft. So it might take you 5 bear hides to make, but by accepting only the best fluffiest bits you can craft a bearskin coat with stats on par with an Expedition Parka.

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

I like the idea. It would be super cool to unlock some special craftable items after mastering a certain skill. Like stronger arrows or a better bow with archery, or heavier bullet types with gunsmithing. I just wonder how big of a challenge it would be for the devs to add that all to the game. But I love the idea regardless 

11 hours ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

I like the idea. It would be super cool to unlock some special craftable items after mastering a certain skill. Like stronger arrows or a better bow with archery, or heavier bullet types with gunsmithing. I just wonder how big of a challenge it would be for the devs to add that all to the game. But I love the idea regardless 

Archery in particular. Being able to craft broadhead arrows that increase your crit chance. Or a compound bow with a light hold weight, so once the bow is fully drawn you can keep it drawn for longer. A crossbow that can be hip-fired.

• Upvote 1