My game is still on 2.02

Same here, I play the game via the Xbox app for PC, originally as part of Game Pass but I bought the full game last year (May 2022). 

The DLC didn't show up in the Xbox app on March 30 but only days later (why?), then I bought and installed it, but the game is still unchanged. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing. 

Looks like we're the last subgroup of the last group of players who get to play the expansion.. TLD is a game of patience, both in-game and outside the game :)

18 hours ago, niche2k said:

Same here and in the DLC description of Tales from the Far Territory  there is not the additive "play anywhere". The ms store shows me not that i bought it. The buttons shows only "buy it"

For me on xbox.com it also still shows as Buy, actually that's the version I first bought because the DLC wouldn't show up in the PC Xbox app, then later it appeared and I refunded the first purchase and bought the one via the app. 

Very confusing.. I had and have no clue what to do. I've been considering to give up and re-buy everything via Steam, but that would be quite a waste of money..

It's been a few days and I haven't heard back from support.

My situation relates to exactly everything you all have mentioned. I play on PC, from the Xbox app. The game version is locked at 2.02, and even with TFTFT installed won't update the game past 2.02 or load the new TFTFT content.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, with no change to the game version.

I don't want to be a pain here, but @Admin it would be appreciated if you can check into this issue on what is causing our game version to be locked at 2.02.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FriendlyFrenzyGames said:

It's been a few days and I haven't heard back from support.
….
I don't want to be a pain here, but @Admin it would be appreciated if you can check into this issue on what is causing our game version to be locked at 2.02.

I’ve read that the best way to get information or help on TLD is not by using the formal channels such as this forum/website or the support desk, but instead by visiting Raphael van Lierop’s personal Twitter account. If one of you have a Twitter account then maybe you could ask him there? 

13 hours ago, FriendlyFrenzyGames said:

My situation relates to exactly everything you all have mentioned. I play on PC, from the Xbox app. The game version is locked at 2.02, and even with TFTFT installed won't update the game past 2.02 or load the new TFTFT content.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, with no change to the game version.

@FriendlyFrenzyGames, How did you manage to install TFTFT on PC?
While my Microsoft Account shows TFTFT in my Purchase History, the Store and App do not acknowledge that I have bought it, so can't install.

Reinstalled Long Dark last night, still got the 2.02 version...

After doing some research I found out that on other games, Microsoft has responded and said that the developer has to enable the update. They have to change the current version and update the files they uploaded that players need to properly update the game. If they don't update it, YOU wont update.

• Upvote 2

I noticed that in the Xbox app when you select the game and click the 3 dots next to Play, then Manage, Files; for me it says the installation version is 2.2.0.2, so different from the 2.02 that is shown in-game (as in OP's screenshot). So maybe it is installed but not loading, if that's even possible? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So, I had this issue. No matter how often I clicked "check for updates" in the PC Xbox app, it stayed at 2.02 (though I had also seen 2.0.2.2 but I forget where.) I got MS to refund TFTFT and only after did I have the thought to uninstall and reinstall the base game. Unfortunately, manual updates seem to be a thing of the past, or I would have done that, but there isn't even a download page on Hinterland's website.

As of today, it's now at 2.25, after being at 2.02 for well over 6 months. It's not the latest version, but it's a drastic improvement, and while I don't regret buying it on this platform after it left Game Pass, the disappointment is only decreased, instead of eliminated, since it's still half a year out of date. I just have to wait until my refund goes through so I can buy the DLC again. Also I should be able to use mods now, since there's actually a tld.exe file now (well, two, one for wintermute and the other for survival, which is kinda weird but I'll take it.)

@Admin Please talk to Microsoft about this, the issue is most likely on their end. I'm not even sure if reinstalling was what mostly-fixed it, or them reading what I typed when requesting the refund had anything to do with it.

I'm tempted to change the review I left on the PC GP version praising the game while also warning people to not buy it there, but I think I'm going to wait until I can get the latest version without having to buy it all over again through steam or epic.