Unlucky or am i just blind?

I am on the part of the tale where it says ”use the repaired tower system to search for additional bunkers in forsaken airfield” i have been here for 3 nights and have not gotten a single aurora, yet i have gone to bleak inlet,HRV, and PV and gotten a aurora first time, i even got an aurora mid night after i repaired the PV tower. So am i just missing something or am i just super unlucky?

4 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

I am on the part of the tale where it says ”use the repaired tower system to search for additional bunkers in forsaken airfield” i have been here for 3 nights and have not gotten a single aurora, yet i have gone to bleak inlet,HRV, and PV and gotten a aurora first time, i even got an aurora mid night after i repaired the PV tower. So am i just missing something or am i just super unlucky?

Probably super unlucky...just start living there. 

There's a wonderful cabin on Drift Island. Justy's Hovel...and a Cabin very high up.

Start to learn the region. Eventually you'll get Aurora or Glimmer fog....it's fun to search in that.

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

Probably super unlucky...just start living there. 

There's a wonderful cabin on Drift Island. Justy's Hovel...and a Cabin very high up.

Start to learn the region. Eventually you'll get Aurora or Glimmer fog....it's fun to search in that.

Oh I’ve also never gotten glimmer fog. Day 13 btw

Just now, Moosemaster said:

Oh I’ve also never gotten glimmer fog. Day 13 btw

It is very thick fog that slowly builds fills your Insomnia danger...it also powers things up like aurora.

If you get insomnia the game is more likely to wake you up after short bursts of sleep...drinking tea can help with that.

Also the Glimmer Fog while amazing also comes with a performance hit.

I would advise sleeping through the day and working at night on stuff (cooking, clothing, crafting) and periodically check (every 1-2 hours) to see if the aurora fires.

I do remember, the PV bunker, I actually found it during the day while exploring (looks like an odd pile of snow) and was able to open it.