Someone made a mod for playing Signal Void in Interloper

https://github.com/Fuar11/SignalVoidInterloper

This is a small mod for The Long Dark that adds the Handheld Shortwave item to various locations around the Airfield in Interloper.

The Tale is disabled by default in Interloper and so the note that activates the Tale is disabled and has not been added. But the Handheld Shortwave and Transmitter repair mechanics work in Interloper just like any other difficulty

The author also said on Discord that the bunkers and caches are already there in Interloper and can be accessed if you know where they are 😮

EDIT:
This may just make the caches and bunkers detectable for now. Not the story part with the tales. From what I can tell the transmitter at the airfield isn't there in Interloper and this doesn't change that. But it's early so maybe something can be done in the future

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 4

Copied from discord:

You can find them with the shortwave but the locations are always the same. So you can go there without having the shortwave and it will still be there. But to uncover it the game checks to see if the transmitter is repaired and if there's an aurora, not if you have the shortwave. This is because you will only ever find the bunker WITH the shortwave if the transmitter is repaired and there's an aurora. So they check for those 2 things instead of having the radio in your inventory.

Right now the mod let the player get the shortwave, but have no use because if the transmitter it's absent, you can't enter any bunker anyways. The transmitter small cabins only spawn if resources are set to at least, Medium (Stalker standard). Also i don't know if fussibles and wires spawn on interloper settings, this could be another problem for making a mod to work.

In order to have a full working loper with tales, we need to have the transmitter stuff avaliable. Thanks for the modder for the ongoing work!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Glacia said:

Copied from discord:

You can find them with the shortwave but the locations are always the same. So you can go there without having the shortwave and it will still be there. But to uncover it the game checks to see if the transmitter is repaired and if there's an aurora, not if you have the shortwave. This is because you will only ever find the bunker WITH the shortwave if the transmitter is repaired and there's an aurora. So they check for those 2 things instead of having the radio in your inventory.

Right now the mod let the player get the shortwave, but have no use because if the transmitter it's absent, you can't enter any bunker anyways. The transmitter small cabins only spawn if resources are set to at least, Medium (Stalker standard). Also i don't know if fussibles and wires spawn on interloper settings, this could be another problem for making a mod to work.

In order to have a full working loper with tales, we need to have the transmitter stuff avaliable. Thanks for the modder for the ongoing work!

It has been updated to include this

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Hopefully they can get it working 100%, at least then the money I paid for this DLC won't have been a waste.

It's working almost at 100% now. The author released a 1.1.1 version with many bug fixes, https://github.com/Fuar11/SignalVoidInterloper/releases/download/1.1.1/SignalVoidInterloper.dll.

However the journal it's still buggy (Not impact on gameplay anyways). Im playing standard interloper with the mod and it seems to work, i need more testing anyways to confirm it's working at 100%.

Thanks @Fuarian!

2 hours ago, Glacia said:

It's working almost at 100% now. The author released a 1.1.1 version with many bug fixes, https://github.com/Fuar11/SignalVoidInterloper/releases/download/1.1.1/SignalVoidInterloper.dll.

However the journal it's still buggy (Not impact on gameplay anyways). Im playing standard interloper with the mod and it seems to work, i need more testing anyways to confirm it's working at 100%.

Thanks @Fuarian!

The journal works in Custom Interloper. Just not regular Interloper. I tried getting it working but UI is very difficult to work with. So I won't be doing that.

• Like 1

This is not complicated.

You can just pick a custom game, start with Interloper settings, but chose loot availability from Stalker. That's it. 

One could argue that this game mode would not be as hard at standard IL, because now there is too much loot. Ok, just disable condition recovery (= NOGOA), and now you got a challenge on your hands. Getting creative with custom games is where it's at.

-t

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ворожей said:

guys, the mod works on the standard interloper and I can play tales, right? I'm stuck

Yes but the tales UI it's bugged, not sure if it changes anything about gameplay anyways.

For working UI, play custom with standard interloper parameters.

• Upvote 1