Dual wield revolvers at level 4 or 5 and change its firing animation

Luczhang1109

I saw that after the 2.03 update, The Long Dark added some hunting rifle variant

I think dual wielding revolvers would be a nice addition, I suggestion dual wielding revolvers and a craftable and discoverable Speedloader are part of the Tales from the Far Territory DLC, and I think the Stripper clip for rifles should not be auto acquired, but needs to be discovered or crafted.

I think the shooting animation of the revolver should be improved, because the current revolver firing mode does not seem to be different from the semi-automatic pistol. I suggest to pull the hammer before shooting(single action), or not to pull the hammer, but delay the shooting by 0.3 seconds(double action) , the cylinder turns one round each time the hammer moves backward.

Edited by Luczhang1109
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lexilogo said:

Hmmm... I think dual wielding revolvers gives more firepower and a faster rate of fire against wolves, which makes defense a whole lot better, I think if I fire 12 rounds in ten seconds, it will deter and kill the bear (if accurate enough). But this is a survival game after all, the player is just trying to survive as long as possible, this is obviously not the time to perform stunts, because it will not work on any animals, dual wielding revolvers plays a major role in self defense , but I think Spin the gun might not necessarily be such a good idea, as it will likely increase the time to holster the gun (or draw it).

Such thing will probably never be added to the game.

The reason is in STEADFAST RANGER update video, it was told they don't want to turn the game into a FPS and dual wielding revolver goes mostly under that category.

Although being able to wield both a revolver and a light source could (and i wish) be added to the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Lamp said:

Although being able to wield both a revolver and a light source could (and i wish) be added to the game.

Oh.  This.  This makes sense from a gameplay perspective, and with even more justification for inclusion if they overhaul the wildlife A.I. 

I don't want TLD turned into a fps game.  I don't need to have a speedloader or stripper clips. I would like there to be an aim-to-interupt mechanic for reloading the weapons, as starting the reload locks you into the animation cycle I believe. 

I would love to have a heavy weight predator metal snare be craftable after collecting a blueprint, similar to the noisemakers.  Something that I could set up offensively if going hunting, or defensively to add a layer of security to living in a cave. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 7:52 AM, Cr41g said:

As for dual wielding, I can't think of a single case where that would be even remotely necessary.

Look, I've been in situations where I've had to fight a moose or bear off with a revolver before. The extra firepower would be nice.

Anyway, here's my two cents on the idea.

Higher Revolver Firearm skill should allow you to draw the revolver faster. It's already a quick draw as is, but at Level 5, you could react in mere moments- something a trained gunslinger could absolutely do.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:32 AM, A Lamp said:

Now THAT is an idea I like. One handed weapons being used with lights. Maybe even using the Harries technique when holding a flashlight and revolver at the same time? The game takes place in the 90s, so the modern FBI technique likely wouldn't have caught on yet.

• Upvote 2