Bedroll ruined by wolf attack?

cullam

So, playing on interloper, I just got jumped by two wolves, next to the hunting lodge. I was taking a route that's usually safe, but the moose on the lake might have driven the wolves further afield. I managed to hit the first wolf with an arrow, so I won that struggle almost right away. The second one fought me down to within an inch of my life, but I managed to stop the bleeding, and limp into the lodge, safe to spend a few days recovering.

So, since I'm not dead, next thing to check is my clothes status. Huzzah, nothing ruined! Looks like it didn't even take much of a beating.

And that's when I discover that my bedroll is ruined. Now, I had just spent the previous night sleeping in caves. And while I didn't make note of its condition, I know my warmth bonus was around 3.4 degrees. So I don't think it's condition was getting low? Does this mean that a wolf attack can ruin items in your inventory like this?

2 hours ago, cullam said:

So, playing on interloper, I just got jumped by two wolves, next to the hunting lodge. I was taking a route that's usually safe, but the moose on the lake might have driven the wolves further afield. I managed to hit the first wolf with an arrow, so I won that struggle almost right away. The second one fought me down to within an inch of my life, but I managed to stop the bleeding, and limp into the lodge, safe to spend a few days recovering.

So, since I'm not dead, next thing to check is my clothes status. Huzzah, nothing ruined! Looks like it didn't even take much of a beating.

And that's when I discover that my bedroll is ruined. Now, I had just spent the previous night sleeping in caves. And while I didn't make note of its condition, I know my warmth bonus was around 3.4 degrees. So I don't think it's condition was getting low? Does this mean that a wolf attack can ruin items in your inventory like this?

Things under the “Gear” section in your inventory (the axe) can be ruined in wolf fights, one common instance of this is getting attacked by an animal and dropping your gun then having it lose some condition. Keep in mind not everything but most and also expands to bear attacks

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1