Clutter, Some Obvious, and Why not

Chris Taylor

First - inventory: I'm kind of A neat freak and I don't like inventory clutter. Stack Fishing tackle. ability to pour all lamp fluid into your Jerry can.  Jerry should be permanent object that doesn't get used up when empty and can be repaired, will take damage on fall or sprain,  also rare to find. 

Some obvious things I feel should be added, First pelts should cure faster near fire, clothes should dry faster too.  You gets slowed down when  you are walking into the wind, you should get a boost when its to your back. book reading period reduced to 15 min intervals, and you should have to read a little bit more to finish. I feel like that mechanic could really be developed into a practical time passing device.  

And some why not. The ability to make sharpening stones from rocks. maybe they don't work as well as a real one.  Random goose attacks, maybe during Auroras, will scare off bears and moose. 

Edited by Chris Taylor
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember when I saw it, and don't know if it's been announced as scrapped since then, but I remember a complete liquid & liquid containers management system being mentioned by Hinterland as a planned feature. Maybe it'd fit as part of a roadmap for a 2nd Survival Mode DLC, should it happen.

I believe clothes already dry faster based on high temperatures, don't they?

I think book timing intervals changing to 15 mins is a perfectly decent change for micro scale time management, sure.

Let's wait until the Trader comes around to sell us rocket launcher ammo before we tackle Canadian Geese

Renewable whetstones is a complicated discussion because it completely changes the dynamics of Knives/Hatchets and how they work. IMO they could work, but would need a lot of hoops to jump through so they don't upset the current system too much. For example:

You need to find shiny stones that are rarely in large caves, then take them to a Workbench and use a Heavy Hammer to break them, then there's an RNG chance to determine the sharpening stone durability (with a chance for it to just be Ruined from the outset, maybe based on a skill), AND you need to consume 10g of Oil per use to use these sharpening stones as opposed to a real whetstone.