A few Forlorn Interlopers: Attempting the “Keg Stand”…

conanjaguar

Keg 8 / Day 29

Blizzard until evening, pass time staring at the darkness.

I’m running low on water, so I take some fuel and head out to the outdoors nook to boil 8 liters. An aurora shows up to add some festivity to the otherwise bland day.5F909B65-AB2C-4C49-BE43-610A623D9807.thumb.jpeg.42da1def62e9361c7153e943770a83bd.jpeg

Keg 8 / Day 302E8A54D0-CA3A-47A2-8597-914C87D9CECE.thumb.jpeg.bc0a04cbf6938c7405d2248d004d19bd.jpeg

A significant milestone, I snap a screenie and raise my brandy as a toast to the best Keg, who is now in my top 4 runs of all time.

1. Sir Mordred, Stalker, 34 days
2. Nameless, Easier than Pilgrim, 33 days
3. Ghost 2, Stalker, 32 days
4. Keg 8, AlmostLoper, 30 days

And then the reality hits… at my current rate of play, I should hit Day 50 just before the next school semester begins… rrrrgh. I honestly don’t think I can muster the patience to grind through 20 more days of this, nor the time to blast forward with the afterburners on for 3-4 day sessions.

This run, after the fashion of successful snowballs, has more or less become a daily routine, but short of insanely bad luck, I don’t think anything can stop me from going the instance if I wanted to.

I’m already debating whether or not to call it a victory or to keep pushing forward. If I do throw in the towel, what will I do next?

• Deadman: I feel sufficiently experienced to tackle this again.
  • BI Snowflakes: Officially impossible, but if someone proves me wrong, then I will eat banged up dog food and stale granola bars in real life.
  • Other Snowball: Not likely, at least for a while. I want to mooooove after being cooped up in one region for so long 😁.
  • Neo-Native: Why not? It’ll be a refreshing change of pace to fire up a vanilla ‘Loper run with Native rules and try to beat the odds.
  • Vanilla Stalker: I miss my rifle :(.

EDIT: Well, drat, started a new page. Let’s fill it up then shall we ;).

Edited by conanjaguar
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Keg 8 / Day 29

Blizzard until evening, pass time staring at the darkness.

I’m running low on water, so I take some fuel and head out to the outdoors nook to boil 8 liters. An aurora shows up to add some festivity to the otherwise bland day.5F909B65-AB2C-4C49-BE43-610A623D9807.thumb.jpeg.42da1def62e9361c7153e943770a83bd.jpeg

Keg 8 / Day 302E8A54D0-CA3A-47A2-8597-914C87D9CECE.thumb.jpeg.bc0a04cbf6938c7405d2248d004d19bd.jpeg

A significant milestone, I snap a screenie and raise my brandy as a toast to the best Keg, who is now in my top 4 runs of all time.

1. Sir Mordred, Stalker, 34 days
2. Nameless, Easier than Pilgrim, 33 days
3. Ghost 2, Stalker, 32 days
4. Keg 8, AlmostLoper, 30 days

And then the reality hits… at my current rate of play, I should hit Day 50 just before the next school semester begins… rrrrgh. I honestly don’t think I can muster the patience to grind through 20 more days of this, nor the time to blast forward with the afterburners on for 3-4 day sessions.

This run, after the fashion of successful snowballs, has more or less become a daily routine, but short of insanely bad luck, I don’t think anything can stop me from going the instance if I wanted to.

I’m already debating whether or not to call it a victory or to keep pushing forward. If I do throw in the towel, what will I do next?

• Deadman: I feel sufficiently experienced to tackle this again.
  • BI Snowflakes: Officially impossible, but if someone proves me wrong, then I will eat banged up dog food and stale granola bars in real life.
  • Other Snowball: Not likely, at least for a while. I want to mooooove after being cooped up in one region for so long 😁.
  • Neo-Native: Why not? It’ll be a refreshing change of pace to fire up a vanilla ‘Loper run with Native rules and try to beat the odds.
  • Vanilla Stalker: I miss my rifle :(.

EDIT: Well, drat, started a new page. Let’s fill it up then shall we ;).

Stunning view.  🙂 

Easier than pilgrim????    How?  

What's the difference between snowball and Snowflake?  

And you're so close...     🙂

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Easier than pilgrim????    How?  

Pilgrim with everything turned a notch easier and no hostile wildlife :D.

Just now, Leeanda said:

What's the difference between snowball and Snowflake?  

Snowballs actually have a chance… snowflakes don’t 😁.

2 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Pilgrim with everything turned a notch easier and no hostile wildlife :D.

Snowballs actually have a chance… snowflakes don’t 😁.

The wildlife's not hostile anyway  but I know what you mean...  I took all predators off once, drove me nuts with boredom after a few weeks😁

Lol....   😀.  

Yes, I played an entire week of TLD in one session, but most of it was spent in accelerated time… no need for pictures because nothing picture worthy happened 😕.

Keg 8 / Days 31-35

Hibernated in the cave, did exercise on the rope, ate meat, drank water, and stared at the darkness until… surprise surprise… cabin fever risk! So much for this camping trip.

Keg 8 / Day 36

Awake to a blizzard… rrrrgh. Pass time staring at the darkness and counting cured pelts, as well as stuffing myself to the brim with the last of last week’s catch. I need to get out of this place, the walls are closing in!

The weather finally calms in the late afternoon, so I take all my supplies that I’ll need (coal, sticks, torches, water) and climb down the rope to attempt Route 2. It’s risky, like all worthwhile things in life.

I grab a few cattails and (gasp!) some burdock that took forever to harvest before I reach the target MGOAL (mountain goat only accessible location) and climb up for the last lap to Spence’s.

I get as far as the radio tower before a wolf barks and I strike a match to light up my torches. From there, I casually gather a few sticks and lose some condition to cold before deciding to make a sprint back to the Bunker. Cabin Fever risk holds firm at 25%. Steaks, herbal tea, water, bed.

Keg 8 / Day 37

Awake before dawn, weather is nasty. I spend all day crafting deerskin boots, wearing out my last sewing kit in the process. When they’re done, Cabin Fever risk is at 85%. Looks like I’m sleeping at Spence’s tonight…

• Upvote 1

Keg 8 / Day 38

I spent all day at Spence’s to get rid of cabin fever. I gathered a few sticks, harvested a ravaged deer carcass, nearly died twice to close calls with wolfies, and used a half-dozen hot teas to craft a second rabbit hat, only to find that I can only wear one at a time! WHAT?! Rrrrgh.

• Upvote 1

I think I’ll plan on to Day 40 tomorrow and call it a win… my goal has been achieved, for now…

Things I’ve learned:

• Conserve fatigue for those looooong walks
  • Food is everywhere, in the form of shrooms, hips, and deer
  • Matches are less important than food (don’t crucify me 😁)
  • Crafted clothing is possible when using the workbench in the Lambda Bunker
  • I can actually sneak past wolves with a fairly decent margin for error
  • Backs of caves never get colder, Spence’ does
  • Interloper weather SUCKS
  • Lantern is more valuable than hacksaw

Onwards and upwards to Deadman!

• Upvote 1