Old Time Gamer

Big bearded Bear

Hi everyone

Just recently new to the forums and thought I would say hi to folks

So, I enjoy a variety of games from shooters, RPG, Multiplayer to survival games etc. But I must confess The Long Dark has most definitely match my favorite gaming series and thatā€™s Fallout, which is not similar I know, but survival is the key factor in both games.

The only way I can express how good TLD is, itā€™s like Fallout, Green Hell but on steroids. I just love all the survival elements you have to take into consideration, especially in the early stages of the upper tier survival modes, is the weather going to change for the worse and do I have enough clothing so I don't freeze my butt off and how the hell am I going to survive a wolf attack with just the basic protection (yeh I know donā€™t get spotted) let along being attacked by a moose or bear.

Even though I have played all the four Wintermute stories I was in for one hell of a shock when I went full Interloper mode on my first survival run and yep, I died pretty damn quick. So, this old timer though, ok Iā€™m gonna have to think this through and learn. This is what I love about this game itā€™s a learning experience every single minute, hour, day and the slightest miss calculation and your food for the crows. Just need to play some appropriate background music, just to remind me not to die, like ā€œAh, ha, ha, ha, stayinā€™ alive, stayinā€™ aliveā€. Damn they were a good group and still are, well those who are left.

Must confess if any veteran survivalist had seen me starting on interloper straight after the story mode, they wouldā€™ve either laughed or given the old double facepalm with a triple ā€œNoā€ head shake and a big Dā€™oh to top it off.

I originally got the game via Xbox Game Pass, but bought it anyways, so I could help support the dev like everyone else, because it's such a fantastic game. Although there is just oneĀ downside time passes really quick: HolyĀ Tin Cans! Batman, do you know what time it is; yes, indeed I do Robin 23:45 GMT which means bedtime, or I be falling asleep at work tomorrow. Damn I loved them old Batman series when I was a kid. "POW" "BANG" Brillant.

P.s

Congrats to everyone at Hinterland, because youā€™ve made one hell of an amazing game and hopefully, Iā€™ll have enough experience behind me to try TFTFT on interloper when comes out on console next year. OMG I canā€™t wait.

Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 3

@Big bearded Bear

Welcome! I like you already. Before TLD Fallout was my main love.... I'm also in the older than most gamers category. So you're in good company here.

Although I think you're bonkers doing Loper, but each to their own šŸ˜

Have, umm, fun (?!) in Loper!Ā 

Ps if you're talking about GMT then it sounds like you could also be a fellow Brit in which case a double welcome

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

My pleasure. I hope you enjoy it here.šŸ™‚.Ā  Ā  Those old batman outfits are a far cry from what they are now aren't they?šŸ˜

They certainly are, but no one will ever have the edge on Delboy and Rodney.Ā Best Ever Batman and RobinĀ šŸ¤£

Again, thank you for the warm welcomeĀ šŸ™‚

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

@Big bearded Bear

Welcome! I like you already. Before TLD Fallout was my main love.... I'm also in the older than most gamers category. So you're in good company here.

Although I think you're bonkers doing Loper, but each to their own šŸ˜

Have, umm, fun (?!) in Loper!Ā 

Ps if you're talking about GMT then it sounds like you could also be a fellow Brit in which case a double welcome

Hi Sgt

Thanks for the welcome and yes you are correct I'm a fellow britĀ šŸ‘so, you're also in the older than most gamers category, you'll remember these adverts eh.Ā Vintage UK Nostalgic & Memorable Adverts Ā if you can't remember them, then um my apologiesĀ šŸ˜šŸ¤£

Glad to be hereĀ šŸ‘

44 minutes ago, Big bearded Bear said:

Hi Sgt

Thanks for the welcome and yes you are correct I'm a fellow britĀ šŸ‘so, you're also in the older than most gamers category, you'll remember these adverts eh.Ā Vintage UK Nostalgic & Memorable Adverts Ā if you can't remember them, then um my apologiesĀ šŸ˜šŸ¤£

Glad to be hereĀ šŸ‘

Oh these take me back!!!! Ooh an Ology. Maureen Lipman is a legend. But that Clarks one with the kids on the conveyor, so creepy!Ā  I'll have a full watch through later on today.

Awesome.Ā 

Ps call me Socks šŸ˜‰

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Oh these take me back!!!! Ooh an Ology. Maureen Lipman is a legend. But that Clarks one with the kids on the conveyor, so creepy!Ā  I'll have a full watch through later on today.

Awesome.Ā 

Ps call me Socks šŸ˜‰

Channel is awesome and ok I'll call u smelly socks,šŸ¤£, I mean Socks.

have a good day Socks

Cheers

B

3 hours ago, Big bearded Bear said:

They certainly are, but no one will ever have the edge on Delboy and Rodney.Ā Best Ever Batman and RobinĀ šŸ¤£

Again, thank you for the warm welcomeĀ šŸ™‚

Lol. Ive got the box set.. it's a classicšŸ˜Ā 

I'm also from the UK, sunny notts and definitely an old gamer.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol. Ive got the box set.. it's a classicšŸ˜Ā 

I'm also from the UK, sunny notts and definitely an old gamer.

You can't go wrong with a bit of Delboy and Rodney for a laugh. Such a classic series. So many laughs, exploding sex dolls, chandelier job, and Delboy tries to teach Rodney how to flirt with women in the gay bar, there all good, but I do like the scene where Delboy and Trigger are at the Bar, and the two women look over and Delboy say "we're on a winning here trig, play it nice and cool, nice and cool", and Delboy goes to lean on the bar, but the bar flap has been raised up. I nearly died laughingšŸ¤£

South Glos, and boy was it frosty at 6am this morning.Ā 

Best do some work now

Have a good day Leeanda and everyoneĀ šŸ‘

CheersĀ 

B

5 hours ago, Big bearded Bear said:

You can't go wrong with a bit of Delboy and Rodney for a laugh.

Or Mr. Bean šŸ¤£ .

10 hours ago, Big bearded Bear said:

Hi Conan

Dang, how does everyone on the Forum get my name right on the first try?! Usually I end up being called ā€œConnorā€ for the first few dozen times someone addresses me.

P.S:

Iā€™m noting two main demographic groups on the Forumā€¦ older Brits, and Poles. Not complaining, though šŸ˜Š.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Or Mr. Bean šŸ¤£ .

Dang, how does everyone on the Forum get my name right on the first try?! Usually I end up being called ā€œConnorā€ for the first few dozen times someone addresses me.

P.S:

Iā€™m noting two main demographic groups on the Forumā€¦ older Brits, and Poles. Not complaining, though šŸ˜Š.

OMG yes, Mr Bean, šŸ¤£that's another classis. Rowan Atkinson is an brilliant actor.Ā 

Have a good day ConanĀ šŸ‘