Restoration of save files

Vaddakaax

Hello! I was hoping to restore my save files in order to use my current playthroughts for the DLC. I downloaded my steam cloud saves only to find I have local files in my app data on my PC. I thought I had moved them from one folder to the correct one but upon booting up the game I seem to be missing something. Could anyone help me with the directory pathway?

Inkedtld.jpg

Edited by Vaddakaax

When they released this update all the save files for survival mode were invalidated. We're all starting brand new games; I always pick random and I ended up starting out in Mountain Town. Nearly done looting the village, then it's going to be down the ropes into Forlorn, hope that there's a hammer somewhere, and get some arrowheads going on, then it's on to BR to look for the new exit to the transition region.

Kind of sad saying bye to the ~1200 day and ~900 day games I had going on, but ... sometimes those are the breaks. Haven't had much chance to see what I'm getting, but the loading screens are super super fast now... which forebodes well for the future.

Edited by stratvox
reasoning

Yeah Redditors pounced on my post regarding this same topic. I did not know this bit of information prior to purchasing and updating my game but I look forward to starting anew this winter break! Thanks for chatting! :D

Edited by Vaddakaax

On 12/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, Vaddakaax said:

Hello! I was hoping to restore my save files in order to use my current playthroughts for the DLC. I downloaded my steam cloud saves only to find I have local files in my app data on my PC. I thought I had moved them from one folder to the correct one but upon booting up the game I seem to be missing something. Could anyone help me with the directory pathway?

Inkedtld.jpg

Your previous Survival saves WILL NOT work with the game once it has been updated. This is true even if you don't buy the Expansion Pass. You will, however, be able to continue to use your current Save Games on an older version of THE LONG DARK on Steam, using our Time Capsule feature: https://www.thelongdark.com/time-capsule/

Please note that since this is an older version, you won't have access to any of the new content or enhancements that are going into both the Base Game, and the Expansion Pass. 

For more information, please visit: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/