Just got reset to Day 1 :(

suoiduts

I was in Day 80-something in survival mode, (on Xbox One S), coming out of the cave system from Forlorn Muskeg to Bleak Inlet, when I suddenly found myself in a random location in Bleak Inlet, on Day 1, with random gear/clothing. That's really frustrating. Does this happen often? If so, it will really kill my motivation to play further. This was my first time playing and I was really enjoying it. :(

There are some odd bugs around but as far as I know that's only happened once.strangely  not so long ago,it might just be bad luck or unlikely but possibly caused by the last update..   hopefully it shouldn't happen again but if it does I'd suggest filing a bug report.

Not the best way to start the game I know but please don't let it put you off. It's a great game and should give you many hours of fun .

Welcome to the forum by the way🙂

Thanks Leeanda!

A good news update:

I exited the game and reloaded, (which I had been a little afraid to do for fear of locking in my losses), and it took me back to where I had just entered the cave system. I made my way back through and this time successfully exited into Bleak Inlet with everything still intact. Whew! The journey continues!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suoiduts said:

Thanks Leeanda!

A good news update:

I exited the game and reloaded, (which I had been a little afraid to do for fear of locking in my losses), and it took me back to where I had just entered the cave system. I made my way back through and this time successfully exited into Bleak Inlet with everything still intact. Whew! The journey continues!

I'm glad that worked for you.  .  Have a good journey😁

9 hours ago, suoiduts said:

I was in Day 80-something in survival mode, (on Xbox One S), coming out of the cave system from Forlorn Muskeg to Bleak Inlet, when I suddenly found myself in a random location in Bleak Inlet, on Day 1, with random gear/clothing. That's really frustrating. Does this happen often? If so, it will really kill my motivation to play further. This was my first time playing and I was really enjoying it. :(

Happened to me twice but only in Desolation map. Both times happened when i exited the whale processing station - suddenly found myself in one of the spawn points i believe, without my clothes and stuff, wearing random items.

Thank god i could reload the game and all was back to normal.  Glad you could reload the game as well.

This has happened to me quite a few times. Fortunately I've always been able to get it to stop misbehaving by quitting and resuming my save. I haven't needed to close the game entirely yet. Always takes me to Milton Post Office 🤷‍♀️ I'm glad you didn't get a game breaker mate.

And welcome to the mad house 😊

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, Sgt Socks said:

Always takes me to Milton Post Office 🤷‍♀️

And here I thought this only happens to me. Been a while, tho.

4 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

And here I thought this only happens to me. Been a while, tho.

Lol, no mate. Obviously it's where the party's at 😁 It was only the other day for me, but had been a long time. If I bump into you there I'll have a brew waiting :coffee: Or a Summit Soda. Whatever floats your boat.

9 minutes ago, MattD said:

I never knew this could happen. Is this just a console thing, or can it happen on pc also? At least I'll know what to do if it does. I'm glad it worked out for you, suoiduts!

Like most bugs I'm afraid it's any platform... But it's not very common so try not to worry too much.

• Upvote 1