Version 2.02: Erratic Bear Movement

JayEnfield

I know this has been an issue in the past, but it's cropping up again for me.

I've recently started a new Stalker Survival game, and have had several bear encounters in which said bear exhibits erratic physics, such as when it teleports sideways a few metres, then moonwalks backwards in a circle, then teleports halfway up a cliff after I climb a rope to get away from it, and then mauls me in an area bears aren't even supposed to be able to get to (secluded shelf). 

I have not modded the game in any way, nor altered the save file in any way, this is purely vanilla. 

I am running 2.02, and the game was started about 2 weeks ago.

Not ~every~ bear encounter has the glitchy movement, but most of them do.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JayEnfield said:

I know this has been an issue in the past, but it's cropping up again for me.

I've recently started a new Stalker Survival game, and have had several bear encounters in which said bear exhibits erratic physics, such as when it teleports sideways a few metres, then moonwalks backwards in a circle, then teleports halfway up a cliff after I climb a rope to get away from it, and then mauls me in an area bears aren't even supposed to be able to get to (secluded shelf). 

I have not modded the game in any way, nor altered the save file in any way, this is purely vanilla. 

I am running 2.02, and the game was started about 2 weeks ago.

Not ~every~ bear encounter has the glitchy movement, but most of them do.

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. For further assistance, please reach out via our Support Portal:  hinterlandgames.com/support 

If you have any images or videos, we would be glad to review what is happening for you. Thank you for your patience. We appreciate the opportunity to investigate! 

I have noticed erratic bear movement too. Most often with the bear near the mountaineer's hut (if you go to the right)

It seems like the bear warps when you enter or leave some radius around it. As if it is trying to follow two different paths, and you going inside/outside its aggro range changes which path it is trying to follow, and it "teleports" to the other path, which is often meters away. Ive also seen it walk through trees, and sometimes walk over very steep rocks. This is all before it stands up to charge.

• 2 weeks later...