Can't click on carcass

ChillPlayer

Lately I had it happen to me several times that I cannot harvest a kill if I don't immediately start after killing the animal. It happened with several wolves in BRM prison and on two deers in PV. I killed it, went inside to warm up, came back to harvest but I can't click on it, there is no mousepointer when I hover over it. After a day or two I suddenly can click again on it, is this a known bug or some new "feature"?

On 9/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, ChillPlayer said:

Lately I had it happen to me several times that I cannot harvest a kill if I don't immediately start after killing the animal. It happened with several wolves in BRM prison and on two deers in PV. I killed it, went inside to warm up, came back to harvest but I can't click on it, there is no mousepointer when I hover over it. After a day or two I suddenly can click again on it, is this a known bug or some new "feature"?

If you have any screenshots/video, can you please forward them via a ticket through our Support Portal? We would be happy to investigate further. 

hinterlandgames.com/support  

3 hours ago, Admin said:

If you have any screenshots/video, can you please forward them via a ticket through our Support Portal? We would be happy to investigate further.

Yes I've opened a bug report. It happened again on a partially harvested carcass. I killed a deer, harvested the meat only, went inside to warm up, came back to harvest hide and guts but I cannot interact with it anymore. I haven't experienced anything like that until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Edited by ChillPlayer

• 3 weeks later...

No I don't play with mods. But this is becoming a game-breaking bug. I've just killed a bear in CH, managed to get off 2 pieces of meat and the hide and while the meat was cooking, I wanted to harvest some more meat - but I can't click on the carcass anymore.

When I quit the game after resting by the carcass and load the save, for a split second there is the label "bear, frozen" and then it vanishes, can't click on it.

I've opened a bug request a few weeks ago but I don't know if someone is working on that. I can't proceed with my playthrough when I can't harvest meat, please fix this issue @Admin & co, this is the first bug in 7 years playing that actually makes me quit TLD 😢

I ran into a similar issue with the bear in the backyard of the prison.  I did report the issue but didn't expect a whole lot unless it happened regularly and a lot.  Also that nothing the devs did would fix the issue for me and my situation. 

My first clue that I might be able to work around it was that the bear was kind of accessible but only once.  I quit, reloaded, and could run back to the spot and access the bear once.  

After several trials of quit and reload, when I got access I did something I would never do - harvest the entire bear in one go - then I did not care anymore. 

I have no idea why the bear was an inert graphic once it had died with the momentary exception I noted above.  I do not recall encountering that issue again in that area.  

Happens to me as well from time to time since recent updates i think. Didnt happen when i played before.

When it happens tho i have a simple solution - If there are interiors nearby just enter and let the game be saved. Quit to main menu and load the game again. Or make a fire and w8 for an hour to save the game, quit and reload.

Works every time for me. I play on Xbox.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:48 AM, James Hickok said:

When it happens tho i have a simple solution - If there are interiors nearby just enter and let the game be saved. Quit to main menu and load the game again. Or make a fire and w8 for an hour to save the game, quit and reload.

Works every time for me. I play on Xbox.

I tried both, spending a few hours indoors as well as resting by the fire for an hour, quit and reload. It worked once when I was in BR prison but never since. Sometimes I can click on the carcass suddenly again and sometimes I can't for days until it disappears. I feel like it has something to do with weather change for some strange reason, when I was cooking the bear steaks, wind picked up and then I couldn't click on it anymore. This also happened the last time on a deer carcass, wind picked up and I couldn't click on it. But when I entered CH and got the 3 deers near Jack Rabbit's I could completely harvest all 3 of them with warm-up pauses inside the fishing hut and the weather didn't change until I was done with all of them.

Might be coincidence or not, I play on steam.

I've made a video of it, sadly it's reproducable everytime I load the game. After the loading screen it says for a split second "Black Bear Carcass - Frozen", then it vanishes and there's no mousepointer anymore. I've slowed down time 10x to make it more noticable.

@Admin I've already filled a bug request a few weeks ago but I don't know how to attach this video to it. Can you forward it to the devs please?

I finally got a workaround from a reddit user: throw a torch at the carcass, it bounces off and the carcass becomes clickable again. After I left the bear and came back, it wasn't clickable anymore, I've thrown another torch at it and now I have all it's meat (which was down to 6% condition).

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I finally got a workaround from a reddit user: throw a torch at the carcass, it bounces off and the carcass becomes clickable again. After I left the bear and came back, it wasn't clickable anymore, I've thrown another torch at it and now I have all it's meat (which was down to 6% condition).

Glad to hear You solved the problem. Pretty odd way tho :D

• Upvote 1