faithfull cartographer

piddy3825

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Blackrock doesn't count on faithful I believe.. I got the achievement about two years ago even though it said I was missing a few hrv locations.. I think it's still the same.

Agreed.

There were many complaints about Blackrock not counting for Faithful Cartographer, and, every single time, someone mentioned that Hinterland didn’t want to make getting the achievement more difficult.

Still, it would be nice if mapping had more uses overall... I don’t usually do it much.

I'm impressed with anyone who has the patience to get this feat. It's such a massive undertaking. I am simply too impatient to do it when there is so much else to do (just generally playing, not feat or achievement related).

Props to you both.

Good luck Piddy!

Edited by Sgt Socks

1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

I'm impressed with anyone who has the patience to get this feat. It's such a massive undertaking.

A few days ago I completed Faithfull Cartographer for the ninth time, it might have even been the tenth.  It was an old Stalker game that I started in 2018. I gave up years ago once I passed 1100 days. Then I rediscovered the save and decided to update it.  Because it was an old game, before the revolver and a few of the regions there are several anomalies.  I started to map Blackrock  but the Timberwolves were such a hassle I didn't fully map it.  Then after five Timberwolf attacks, one after the other, I thought, ''This is no fun', and left the region.  Fortunately Blackrock locations don't count towards FC.  In that game I found 333 locations with several locations still to visit in Blackrock. That game is up to 1200 days, and I think that is enough. 

In at least one other game I found 344 locations.  I don't know what the total number is.

Locations-w1024.thumb.png.ac41798c92feddf6815b0ab281a0e624.png

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1