Randomized Calories on some food

APixelatedLemon

Something I kind of just noticed and found rather odd and maybe a bit unrealistic is that every food will always have the same amount of calories depending on what it is.

What I mean by this for example is you pick up a jar of peanut butter and it will always restore 900 calories. What I would like changed is sometimes you pick up a food item and it could have less calories to it, with the logic being that it was half eaten before you found it. Maybe even have the odds increased if you found the food item on a dead body of some previous survivor. 

Some food items wouldn't have this chance like canned food, because those are always unopened and produced in some factory. But food like peanut butter, maple syrup, and perhaps crackers, could be reclosed after someone already snacked on it.

• Upvote 3

On 9/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, APixelatedLemon said:

it was half eaten before you found it

Ew, imagine some survivor stuck their fingers in a jar. We don't know where those fingers were before. I'm glad it isn't like that.

Besides, all jokes aside, it would be an annoyance keeping an eye on calories. We already have to deal with different condition of items.

12 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Ew, imagine some survivor stuck their fingers in a jar. We don't know where those fingers were before. I'm glad it isn't like that.

Besides, all jokes aside, it would be an annoyance keeping an eye on calories. We already have to deal with different condition of items.

Wouldn't be all that annoying, just another number to keep an eye on, which takes like a second to look at.

Also the name of the item can change as well, like "Partially eaten box of crackers".

33 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

More chance of food poisoning as well?  I already totally ignore the tinned fish.  Even at level 5.🙂

Tinned Sardines are labeled 'Last Resort' so even the cannery in Bleak Inlet is saying "Hey, you don't want to eat our stuff unless you have no other choice!"

Maybe they're trying for reverse psychology advertising?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, APixelatedLemon said:

Tinned Sardines are labeled 'Last Resort' so even the cannery in Bleak Inlet is saying "Hey, you don't want to eat our stuff unless you have no other choice!"

Maybe they're trying for reverse psychology advertising?

Well if they are ,it backfired 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, APixelatedLemon said:

Something I kind of just noticed and found rather odd and maybe a bit unrealistic is that every food will always have the same amount of calories depending on what it is.

What I mean by this for example is you pick up a jar of peanut butter and it will always restore 900 calories. What I would like changed is sometimes you pick up a food item and it could have less calories to it, with the logic being that it was half eaten before you found it. Maybe even have the odds increased if you found the food item on a dead body of some previous survivor. 

Some food items wouldn't have this chance like canned food, because those are always unopened and produced in some factory. But food like peanut butter, maple syrup, and perhaps crackers, could be reclosed after someone already snacked on it.

This seems like something I would go with. When you find a chocolate bar in a corpse’s hand, do you think he froze to death while deciding what to do with it? He probably took a bite or two, at the very least.

• Upvote 1