Lost Bear Kill

tnbp

I've recently returned to TLD after a long, long break.  It had been a couple years, I think, since I last played.  So I have started a new survival mode game.  I'm in Mystery Lake and I'm staying at the Trapper's Homestead.

The bear spawned and had been walking around down by the deteriorated building nearby.  I took a shot with a rifle and he ran off, up and over the hill toward Max's Last Stand.  I ran down to check the spot he ran from and sure enough, there was blood on the ground in a big splotch and I could see the trail heading off where he ran.

So, I passed time for a couple hours outside the house but realized it was too cold to pass anymore and too windy to start a fire.  So I went inside and passed time for a couple more hours to warm back up.

When I got back outside, the blood and the trail were gone, I assume from the wind storm.  But now it's been about 5 or 6 in game days and I have looked *ALL* *OVER* the map trying to find this bear corpse and I've been unable to find it.  Seriously, I have looked EVERYWHERE outside of a few far reaching nooks and crannies.  So did I lose the bear when I went in to warm up?  Does the carcass just disappear on its own after a while?  Am I wasting my time still looking?

The bear cave near the bowl with all the bunnies in it still has the skeleton in it, which means that's the "active" bear cave on the map, I believe.

So what do you think?  Is the bear kill lost?  Or have I just somehow not found it after doing a few circles around the region?

Even if you went inside overnight you should've found it the next day..  they do decay  and disappear after a couple of days  but if you didn't find it you may have the same bug I have experienced.   Sometimes bears can disappear even without having time to die ,or rarely for no reason. I filed a report after this happened several times so if it continues to happen with you ,I suggest you do the same.

You should stop looking for this one I'm afraid.  

I can't guarantee this is true, but in my experience, I've had more kills disappear after I've gone inside a building/transition than not.  I now try to my best to somehow stay outside, pass time for a few hours and begin searching for crows.  I generally head the direction the bear ran off to and search that general area.  If I don't find anything, I pass time for a few more hours.  I've had pretty good luck with this strategy.