Stuck in Terrain Trap

KBear

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to fix this terrain trap I fell into in Mystery lake by the lookout tower. I have tried placing my sleeping bag, running + crouching + moving side to side, even throwing rocks to attract wolves (I thought a struggle would change my place on the hill, allowing me to get out). The game is saved between a steep hill and a boulder. There is a tree blocking my way as well (third photo). I cannot squeeze between it and the boulder.

I have several sprained joints that I've tried to heal but it doesn't make a difference trying to get out. I have some food and its not very cold (this is a stalker save) so I'm well off enough where I could spend at least a few more hours trapped before I loose the save. The game is saved about an hour before the sun starts setting.

I understand if this game cannot be saved (trapped myself pretty good!), in that case consider this more of a bug report. All help is appreciated!

889784375_2022-08-20(3).thumb.png.d3327d0ed77119827b4f7a73ec22cfbb.png

1538773613_2022-08-20(5).thumb.png.1368cafe5f92399f58901fc79ad3f64c.png

1190065249_2022-08-20(8).thumb.png.c15e45151a8f596428903e239c3144f0.png

I'm pretty sure I'm close to or in the green circle

image.png.a1b3d6be54aa0ebc9a208e013a7a84fc.png

It sounds like it's permanent to me..  unless you have a noisemaker on you?  It'll hurt but it might push you out.. or have you tried the fire trick?  ie.... Repeatedly trying to place a fire ,it might push you far  enough to get free

Edited by Leeanda

Just now, KBear said:

no noise maker, and the area is too steep/small to place a fire :(

You shouldn't be able to place the fire, but if you keep trying to quite fast in the right direction it might push you bit by bit to an escapable area.  It will give you arm ache or a sure finger if using a keyboard.  

@Zaknafein has used it  to get up steep slopes. I wish I could remember which video it was. 

But good luck.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You shouldn't be able to place the fire, but if you keep trying to quite fast in the right direction it might push you bit by bit to an escapable area.  It will give you arm ache or a sure finger if using a keyboard.  

@Zaknafein has used it  to get up steep slopes. I wish I could remember which video it was. 

But good luck.

Here is the explanation:

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Zaknafein said:

Here is the explanation:

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks .  I know I explained it badly🙂.  I just hate people losing play through things like that.

Thanks yall, I will try this today and let you know how it goes!

• Upvote 1