Do prepper caches disappear?

yoli

I just lost a 17 days round in Stalker mode because I couldn't find a prepper cache where I previously stored many stuffs. It just wasn't there anymore ( Pleasant Valley). Is this a bug or are prepper caches supposed not to appear all the time, within the same survival game? There is a possibility it was there and I didn't find it, but I don't think so, I really searched a long time.

The cache is always there!  I know it's a nuisance but it might pay to keep checking!! Someone advised me to mark everywhere with the paint so you can mark where you've searched. 

I had two runs in ml where they didn't turn up at all but that was before the update. 

Just out of curiosity which one was it?

Edited by Leeanda

@Leeanda this was the cache up from Three Strikes Farmstead in Pleasant Valley. I am still not convinced it was there once I got back at it several days after leaving it. I searched a lot, and died trying because I ran out of wood, got 2 wolf attacks and a never ending storm... that got me. Thanks for the tip about marking the place, indeed I'll think of it next time.

Edited by yoli

19 minutes ago, yoli said:

@Leeanda this was the cache up from Three Strikes Farmstead in Pleasant Valley. I am still not convinced it was there once I got back at it several days after leaving it. I searched a lot, and died trying because I ran out of wood, got 2 wolf attacks and a never ending storm... that got me. Thanks for the tip about marking the place, indeed I'll think of it next time.

I hate that cache!!! I can never find it.  Not surprised about the blizzard either,every time I go there one blows up from nowhere.. 

Sorry you didn't make it though, that's really bad luck. Hope it goes better on your next run.