Missing prepper cache

Leeanda

52 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

... sprains are my least favorite game mechanic.  The idea that you could sprain both wrists and an ankle in under five minutes is a little nuts, no matter what you were carrying.

Right??
I was goating down TWM slightly encumbered when I sprained both wrists and both ankles within minutes of one another.   
Bandaged up and took pain pills because I had plenty on hand. 

What got me to thinking was I just took 8 pain pills practically all at one time,  huh?
Assuming those were prescripton pain pills, wouldn't that make me really drowsy and sleepy,  if not actually be dangerously enough for a possible overdose?   
I guess these must not be oxycodone but probably just good ole 222's readily available as an OTC pain reliever in Canada.
Either way I guess, too much of a good thing?    Bringing me to wonder if Hinterland might just wanna make accidental overdose another way to die in TLD?

• Upvote 2

Is the cache always supposed to be there? I assumed it was random, reason I say that is that it exists on my original save but I've never seen it since on additional plays 🤔

Apologies if someone answered this, I haven't read the other posts. Lack of focus at minute 🙄😄

Edited by Matt Lomax

33 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Is the cache always supposed to be there? I assumed it was random, reason I say that is that it exists on my original save but I've never seen it since on additional plays 🤔

Apologies if someone answered this, I haven't read the other posts. Lack of focus at minute 🙄😄

It could be in any of the eight locations on the map ,it's supposed to be random but I usually get the same three or four. But yes there's always one there and in PV.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Lomax said:

yeah there is.  Always supposed to be a cache in ML and PV in survivor mode
besides the one you find in PV at the rope climb transition to TWM.

...and of course now you will also find one in BlackRock Region making the number 3 for survival mode.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawk said:

There are 9 possible spawn locations for prepper caches in ML, 9 possible spawn locations in PV, and 9 possible spawn locations in the Blackrock region.

Every time you start a new game, one cache will spawn in ML, one will spawn in PV (aside from the one cache that is always in PV) and one will spawn in Blackrock.

The spawn chance of the cache(s) is random. The loot type is always the same for the random spawned cache, based on difficulty level. The location of the randomized cache is always the same. The exception here would be when a landscape change necessitates the move of a spawn location, such as what happened in PV when they added the plane crash.

In other words, the cache that may spawn in ML above the Camp Office will always be a weapons (hunting) cache. The cache that may spawn above the bear cave at Mystery Lake will always be a tools cache, etc.

In all three regions there are 4 food caches, 1 firewood cache, 1 hunting cache, 1 tools cache, 1 medical cache and 1 clothes cache in each region. Only one random cache of the types listed will spawn in each region per game.

Note: No caches will spawn in Interloper, except the one near the rope to TWM.

@Leeanda, if you're not finding one of the 9, it would seem you have a bugged game.

Definitely bugged! I switched it on this morning to find that half the Animals could skate very well!🙂 Sadly I had to give up with the search and delete the save.. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Definitely bugged! I switched it on this morning to find that half the Animals could skate very well!🙂 Sadly I had to give up with the search and delete the save.. 

😂😂 Creepiest thing I saw was a moose skating towards me. It freaked me out to the point I was paralysed by it. Then it broke my ribs. Guess it didn't take too kindly to me holding up a scorecard of 4 😫

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Lomax said:

😂😂 Creepiest thing I saw was a moose skating towards me. It freaked me out to the point I was paralysed by it. Then it broke my ribs. Guess it didn't take too kindly to me holding up a scorecard of 4 😫

It's hard for a moose to skate with those gangly legs,🙂no wonder he was miffed 😁

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Hawk said:

That sucks.

It would be nice if HL would fix all the bugs, once and for all.

Usually I don't mind some of the bugs, it keeps you on your toes and can add some extra fun to the game. This run though had some bad luck. I thought it was just TWM that had the disappearing sticks etc but it seems not. Could've cost me the challenge  . But looking for that cache was very frustrating, and apparently unheard of until now.  This is all pre-update though so hopefully some of these issues won't happen again.  

I'm sure they'll fix them as soon as they can though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did a quick check in Mystery Lake ... totally new run on plain Vanilla Pilgrim.

I did find the food/mixed cache at the Overlook area above the Clear Cut.

Also seeing expected amount of wildlife (including the return of the Mystery Lake bear) as well as several pre-placed carcasses and non-disappearing corpses.

6 hours ago, twyn1 said:

Did a quick check in Mystery Lake ... totally new run on plain Vanilla Pilgrim.

I did find the food/mixed cache at the Overlook area above the Clear Cut.

Also seeing expected amount of wildlife (including the return of the Mystery Lake bear) as well as several pre-placed carcasses and non-disappearing corpses.

I had that bear on that run,second time in a long time. It's the one at clear cut that seems to have disappeared lately. And I'm only getting one bear on my runs now instead of two or three.  Plenty of corpses and carcasses too! 

Lots of moose rubbings but no moose on the last two runs. 

Just started another new run so I'll have to make a beeline for mystery to see if I can find it. 

Thanks for checking and letting me know.   

@Leeanda

Good looking out (everyone else too).  I'll have to keep an eye on my run as well.  I know I still have my Pleasant Valley Cache (I've not put eyes on it since the update, but it is still on my map).  I haven't really done much hunting (apart from rabbit snares/pitching stones) so I've not noted any drop in the animal population... but something I will keep an eye out for as well.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
So many bugs lately... I reported a few of my own that I found (though the ones I noted were admittedly pretty minor)

Edited by ManicManiac

40 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

Good looking out (everyone else too).  I'll have to keep an eye on my run as well.  I know I still have my Pleasant Valley Cache (I've not put eyes on it since the update, but it is still on my map).  I haven't really done much hunting (apart from rabbit snares/pitching stones) so I've not noted any drop in the animal population... but something I will keep an eye out for as well.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
So many bugs lately... I reported a few of my own that I found (though the ones I noted were admittedly pretty minor)

Thanks.  I've found the cache in pv every time ,it's just mystery lake. Very weird bug, trust me to get it🙂   there are random amounts of animals though. Sometimes lots in one place then none for days. I'm used to the moose being absent though . 

There are a few minor bugs too, like silent aurora and blizzards can't be heard inside sometimes. I hope yours aren't causing problems for you. Your journey is difficult enough already.