If you could have only one map?

Leeanda

On 3/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, Smellyfries said:

I would like to have Costal Highway as the one map. It has everything a survivor would need food wise, with plenty of fishing locations, bear, deer, wolves, and a moose spawn.

My one issue with CH is that there is no good way to sleep off cabin fever w/o the need of keeping a fire going.

Forge issues aside, I would probably pick Ash Canyon.

On the upper level, you got deer and a bear, but no wolves. Foreman's Retreat is literally a vacation spot.

-t

On 3/21/2022 at 10:20 AM, Leeanda said:

If you could only have one map which would it be. And what would you change ? 

I'd keep pleasant valley  but remove some of the bare fields around the farm and add some birch trees maybe another small lake or pond. I'd like a small forge near  the town too. 

So how to answer this question?

If I only had 1 map and no changes allowed? Because that makes a big difference.  
1 map on interloper? Or one map where firearms can spawn? That’s makes a huge difference?

Or just which map do I like the most and what to tweak?

1 map on interloper without changes would be either DP or BR.  Need the forge to succeed BR has the sweet hunting lodge, but no where to fish which stinks.  
1 map on stalker without changes would be the prison.  What did we agree on for the name, BLK? I can’t remember the other post……

1 map I could change? Ash canyon.  I love the climbing but it’s pretty devoid of anything useful.  Once your in the upper levels the trees are growing and it’s gorgeous.  If HNTRLND would outfit the mine or mining camp with a forge and ammo bench, and add a fishing hut next to the cabin in the valley…..

12 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

So how to answer this question?

If I only had 1 map and no changes allowed? Because that makes a big difference.  
1 map on interloper? Or one map where firearms can spawn? That’s makes a huge difference?

Or just which map do I like the most and what to tweak?

1 map on interloper without changes would be either DP or BR.  Need the forge to succeed BR has the sweet hunting lodge, but no where to fish which stinks.  
1 map on stalker without changes would be the prison.  What did we agree on for the name, BLK? I can’t remember the other post……

1 map I could change? Ash canyon.  I love the climbing but it’s pretty devoid of anything useful.  Once your in the upper levels the trees are growing and it’s gorgeous.  If HNTRLND would outfit the mine or mining camp with a forge and ammo bench, and add a fishing hut next to the cabin in the valley…..

I originally meant like the most and what tweaks would you make . But you just opened it up quite a lot🙂

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I originally meant like the most and what tweaks would you make . But you just opened it up quite a lot🙂

I know it’ll be another 4 years and all 🤣😂🥲😢😩 but I’m excited to see what the “Perseverance Mills” map turns out to be… A one stop shop map??? Maybe, probably not though lol

But if I could pick two unaltered and adjoining maps - BI and FM.  Those two maps have access to everything. For all difficulty levels.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I know it’ll be another 4 years and all 🤣😂🥲😢😩 but I’m excited to see what the “Perseverance Mills” map turns out to be… A one stop shop map??? Maybe, probably not though lol

But if I could pick two unaltered and adjoining maps - BI and FM.  Those two maps have access to everything. For all difficulty levels.  

I hope we don't have to wait that long!!🙂🙂 But have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing the place too! 

Maybe a cross between desolation and Milton maybe?  Kind of like a big fishing town?

Edited by Leeanda

23 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I hope we don't have to wait that long!!🙂🙂 But have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing the place too! 

Maybe a cross between desolation and Milton maybe?  Kind of like a big fishing town?

Sounds reasonable, or BI style with a town.  
But through the story mode I’ve gotten more of a military feel.  Like how Honolulu has a military base next to the city.  
It’ll have to be coastal with a military/industrial feel and maybe base housing style residences.  
Mills?? Is it a lumber mill with a radio tower??

Either way, I’m chomping at the bit for episode 5 and the final update!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

But through the story mode I’ve gotten more of a military feel.  Like how Honolulu has a military base next to the city.  
It’ll have to be coastal with a military/industrial feel and maybe base housing style residences.  

I'm just trying to remember what I saw when Astrid reached the shore but I can't remember seeing much there! 

So that's probably what was in the back of my mind when I said fishing town. But I can see where you're coming from with a military base. I would've thought though that if it was then they'd have had the means to get to the mainland?🤔 

Intriguing though isn't it?🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I'm just trying to remember what I saw when Astrid reached the shore but I can't remember seeing much there! 

So that's probably what was in the back of my mind when I said fishing town. But I can see where you're coming from with a military base. I would've thought though that if it was then they'd have had the means to get to the mainland?🤔 

Yes!

But remember, just like Honolulu the means to the mainland is by sea or air.  Not necessarily a hard top road.  That’s part of what makes it a strategic location.  And we’ve been given hints that the Mills was insulated from the electromagnetic disturbance.  
And that possibly PM is where the disturbance originated.  “Wintermute” being the code word Jeremiah told McKenzie to use when he found Atwood in PM. 
And McKenzie questions Jeremiah multiple times about his military knowledge, with Jeremiah being extremely evasive…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Semple Fi said:

I too am intrigued as to what this town could possibly look like.   

but please indulge me with a quick side bar - When Astrid reaches PM at the end of episode three is she not examined by a Dr. Atwood during the cut scene?
And in Episode 4 doesn't Jace refer to her mentor as Dr. Atwood?   And supossedly they worked at an observatory together?   Correct me if I am wrong.  It's obviously been a while since I played story mode, I could be remembering the dialoge incorrectly.

So if that's the case, would it be possible that the town of PM is actually home to an telescopic observatory complex?   
I would be curious how a town would be designed around something like that. 

5 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

but please indulge me with a quick side bar - When Astrid reaches PM at the end of episode three is she not examined by a Dr. Atwood during the cut scene?
And in Episode 4 doesn't Jace refer to her mentor as Dr. Atwood?   And supossedly they worked at an observatory together?   Correct me if I am wrong.  It's obviously been a while since I played story mode, I could be remembering the dialoge incorrectly.

So if that's the case, would it be possible that the town of PM is actually home to an telescopic observatory complex?   

🙂 My first thought then was military observations for UFO/ alien intelligence. 

27 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I believe you are correct on both counts.  That being said, government researchers working in conjunction with military is nothing uncommon; as to the location….

Look up the Gemini Observatory (NSF) on the big island of Hawaii, that would be a good visual for a govt funded array and proximity to civilization.  
Or even closer to home, the HAARP array in Alaska near Glenallen.  

🙂 My first thought then was military observations for UFO/ alien intelligence. 

I was maybe kinda leaning in that direction myself, thinking what would a government funded observatory community look like to the outside observer?   Espeically if it was maybe intended to be a covert spying facility or something of that nature?

1 hour ago, Semple Fi said:

I believe you are correct on both counts.  That being said, government researchers working in conjunction with military is nothing uncommon; as to the location….

Look up the Gemini Observatory (NSF) on the big island of Hawaii, that would be a good visual for a govt funded array and proximity to civilization.  
Or even closer to home, the HAARP array in Alaska near Glenallen.  

pretty impressive facilities, thanks for the suggestions!  

As to seeing what a town might look like being built around such structures from Hinterland's perspective, I think it  would really be interesting dont you think?  
I think I'd enjoy exploring and looting an old observatory and "town" that supported and hosted the scientists that worked there. 
Could make for a great base camp too!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:As to seeing what a town might look like being built around such structures from Hinterland's perspective, I think it  would really be interesting dont you think?  

I think I'd enjoy exploring and looting an old observatory and "town" that supported and hosted the scientists that worked there. 
Could make for a great base camp too!

I second that! I’m going to have to try and find some artwork along those lines….

Currently BLK is my favorite stomping ground and the extensive transition zone adds quite a bit of depth to the experience.  
Perhaps they will be adding an extensive transition to the final map as well.  

Side bar- I got the impression from the last episode that PM is directly tied to the Aurora through an experiment gone wrong.  
Any insights?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Side bar- I got the impression from the last episode that PM is directly tied to the Aurora through an experiment gone wrong.  
Any insights?

I've heard rumors to that effect myself.  Unfortunately can't confirm those rumblings to be true, however it does 
embody the possiblity of such a series of events.  

btw, have you ever heard or seen the TV series called "Revolution?"   It came out about 10 years ago and lasted two seasons before it got cancelled, 
but the show was about an unknown event caused all electricity to stop working, plunging the world back into the dark ages.   It was a good premise at first
but some poor plot lines development by the writers lead the series in the wrong direction and NBC pulled the plug on the show.   I was a fun watch, you might wanna check it out.     if wanna know what happens but dont wanna take time to watch the show, I left you a spoiler...

turns out scientists of the military industrial complex had invented nano-robot tech weapons designed

to be used to disrupt enemy power stations, grids and devices.   Their simple program was to blame, consume electricty and replicate.   The nanobots were
very effective in that way and eventually had replicated to a point that the nanobots had consumed all electricity on the planet.   They of course became sentient
after some time and abandoned humanity to it's fate... iirc

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Pınar51-06 said:

Yep, ı liked this series. Thanks for reminding.

I've alwasy like post apocalyptic shows and that one started out kinda promising but of course quickly went sideways.  Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe 
Raph might have been influenced by this idea before he starting developing TLD.  What's your take on that?

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

I've alwasy like post apocalyptic shows and that one started out kinda promising but of course quickly went sideways.  Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe 
Raph might have been influenced by this idea before he starting developing TLD.  What's your take on that?

Yep a little part of this show had been influence developers edp. the blackout part but beautiful winter scenes, colours and aurora borealis make this game so unique ımo. 

• Upvote 2