Moose challenge

Leeanda

I'm not surprised, I'd be frustrated too! It's very weird, not sure where all these bugs have come from but I trust the dev team to get rid of them, when they have time

Curious to see how you would fare in this harsh voyager setting, and I wish you luck! 

Thanks!  Probably start tomorrow as I really want to get that level 5 archery before I kill her off!  Maybe a dive into the ravine?🙂 

Kinda getting used to some of these bugs,some even add more fun to the game but yeah they'll get there when they can! I trust them!  Certainly the best game company I've known !🙂

• Upvote 1

YAY! you did it!! Congrats!

It's up to you if you want to continue, getting that Level 5 Archery is a triumph!

If you do decide to take on a Voyager run, I'd be interested in seeing how it goes. I'm considering trying that myself, but I have a couple of Achievements & Badges I want to try to get first (will be drinking coffee like crazy :coffee: - I have 6 full cans at my current abode & 2 at the Fishing Camp)

Whatever you decide - Enjoy!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

It's up to you if you want to continue, getting that Level 5 Archery is a triumph!

If you do decide to take on a Voyager run, I'd be interested in seeing how it goes. I'm considering trying that myself, but I have a couple of Achievements & Badges I want to try to get first (will be drinking coffee like crazy :coffee: - I have 6 full cans at my current abode & 2 at the Fishing Camp)

Yeah I like custom games, but I also like getting feats. I had gotten a few but for some reason lost all progress, and feats, a few months back. Think I'm close to getting a couple again but that was certainly a bummer. 

Gotta start stashing coffee for the very same reason! 

23 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Thank you!  Took a while but I got there in the end! Just goes to show that it's not as easy as it looks!  

I think I am going to finish the run when I get level 5. Seems a shame to get that far and not complete it! Might use the flares up too!  

Hope all that caffeine doesn't give him a headache but I hope you do well in your run! Some of those achievements are a bit tricky at the moment cos of the bugs! 

Keep up the good work!🙂 

I'll start a new run tomorrow hopefully !

Btw aurora chances are higher in places like the maintaince shed dam and workshop in bleak but I say the ultimate challenge  everything is easiest possible... Except no health regen and  you need full animal skin clothes (except for sweater and socks) and then go to desolation point and get your revenge on scruffy (for him killing you or whatever) and settle down in your bear roll in scruffies cave and boom you win

I finally got my level 5 archery!  By the time I'd got it I had about 10 minutes to find something to kill while crouched! There was nothing anywhere!   Ironic🙂 

I nearly got mauled by a bear in forlorn but I used a  flare on it just in time!  Glad I had some left!

Sadly Astrid faded into the long dark from internal injuries caused by falling off the dam!  Well not so much falling as running if I'm being honest🙂 

R.I.P Astrid

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Clumsy astrid! Good luck with your new challenge! 

I've just been running around Milton and trying to kill wolves for a fur coat. Currently living at the signal hill cave, so I need all the warmth I can get! 

I have a personal challenge of my own, actually. I have to stay 50 days in every region, in an attempt to learn it all ready for loper. Finding it pretty fun so far, looking forward to heading to HRV in 40 days time! I barely know that region so I'm looking forward to it

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Clumsy astrid! Good luck with your new challenge! 

I've just been running around Milton and trying to kill wolves for a fur coat. Currently living at the signal hill cave, so I need all the warmth I can get! 

I have a personal challenge of my own, actually. I have to stay 50 days in every region, in an attempt to learn it all ready for loper. Finding it pretty fun so far, looking forward to heading to HRV in 40 days time! I barely know that region so I'm looking forward to it

Dread to think of all those angry bunnies waiting for her on the other side🙂  you could've had my wolf coat,might be a bit blood splattered now as that was all she was wearing!  It might still be there if you're lucky! Lol 

That sounds like a tough challenge ahead. Glad you're having fun with it though!  Don't envy you having to spend so much time in HRV . 

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Dread to think of all those angry bunnies waiting for her on the other side🙂  you could've had my wolf coat,might be a bit blood splattered now as that was all she was wearing!  It might still be there if you're lucky! Lol 

That sounds like a tough challenge ahead. Glad you're having fun with it though!  Don't envy you having to spend so much time in HRV . 

Haha, yeah I wouldn't either. Though the idea of living off the land for such a long time is quite appealing, I will admit. 

I am able to take things with me to different regions, I just can't go back to the same ones, unless I'm passing through of course, so that will make things a bit easier. Got a hatchet so I'll probably camp out by the signal fire or something, we'll see

And yeah, I'll pass on that coat, thanks! Got tag teamed and thanks to my trusty knife, I have two more pelts curing! Making three in total

I remember doing that for the achievement and I think I quite enjoyed it! Not sure if I'd do it continuously though, but I hope it goes ok for you.  

Well it was either them or you!  Soon have you down the catwalk sporting the latest in Great Bear fashion! 

• Upvote 1

Oh goodness! RIP Astrid (again) -- Glad to hear about the Level 5 archery! Good Luck on your next adventure!

Catlover -- You're challenge sounds interesting and definitely tough. Have you considered making a thread so people can follow along with your adventures, too?

Some areas are definitely easier than others to stay in for so many days. I did a short run of at least 10 days in each place (this was before Blackrock & not counting transition zones). I found HRV and Ash Canyon to be the most difficult (for different reasons).

1 minute ago, twyn1 said:

Catlover -- You're challenge sounds interesting and definitely tough. Have you considered making a thread so people can follow along with your adventures, too?

I was tempted but I wasn't sure if I could be bothered, lol. Currently organising my base, and messing around with the place anywhere mod, but I might make a thread for it sometime tomorrow, it would be cool documenting my current challenge. It's easy so far but I know that won't last forever! 

5 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Oh goodness! RIP Astrid (again) -- Glad to hear about the Level 5 archery! Good Luck on your next adventure!

Some areas are definitely easier than others to stay in for so many days. I did a short run of at least 10 days in each place (this was before Blackrock & not counting transition zones). I found HRV and Ash Canyon to be the most difficult (for different reasons).

I would've kept the save but I still have my pilgrim run and I don't want too many saves as it tends to play havoc with my console!  

And I wanted to go out on my own  terms, wasn't going to let that bear finish me off!🙂 

And thanks! I'll be starting it in the morning!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @Leeanda wanted to share this with you, because it just goes to show you how oddly the game algorythm's sometime play out.

I just launched a new game spawning in ML right by the rail tracks leading into FM.  Being close to Trapper's I set out
and go there.  Find a moose.   Go inside I'm immediately rewarded with a rifle, cleaning kit and box of bullets.  Come out and kill moose.  Spend next two to three days or so cooking moose meat.  
Head over to unnamed pond then over to small cabin with outhouse and find another moose!  
What?  Another new moose just 3 days apart?  

That's when the irony hit me and I thought about all your exploits, trials and tribulations trying to get your moose
and here I go and get two in my first week of gameplay...  

yeah, algorythms, fickle algorythms

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

Hey, @Leeanda wanted to share this with you, because it just goes to show you how oddly the game algorythm's sometime play out.

I just launched a new game spawning in ML right by the rail tracks leading into FM.  Being close to Trapper's I set out
and go there.  Find a moose.   Go inside I'm immediately rewarded with a rifle, cleaning kit and box of bullets.  Come out and kill moose.  Spend next two to three days or so cooking moose meat.  
Head over to unnamed pond then over to small cabin with outhouse and find another moose!  
What?  Another new moose just 3 days apart?  

That's when the irony hit me and I thought about all your exploits, trials and tribulations trying to get your moose
and here I go and get two in my first week of gameplay...  

yeah, algorythms, fickle algorythms

I know what you mean.  I've had runs like that but they're so rare!  Think I had similar to that . Can't remember where I spawned but it took a few hours to find the gun and loads of ammo. By day four I'd got the trappers moose and bear,plus two other bears!  And the moose wa at the dam bridge too!