A tld-inspired drawing

20220221_135803.thumb.jpg.16f997e0064fb327342c78535d370b18.jpg

Did a random quick drawing inspired by the long dark! Probably took me an hour or so, though I couldn't be bothered to time myself. It was a fun sunset practice, something I needed to work on, lol! 

I edited the image slightly, only because the colours looked really dull and faded from my phone.

Got the idea for the aurora from @Matt Lomaxand I figured what's a tld drawing without those beautiful night illuminations! 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

20220221_135803.thumb.jpg.16f997e0064fb327342c78535d370b18.jpg

Did a random quick drawing inspired by the long dark! Probably took me an hour or so, though I couldn't be bothered to time myself. It was a fun sunset practice, something I needed to work on, lol! 

I edited the image slightly, only because the colours looked really dull and faded from my phone.

Got the idea for the aurora from @Matt Lomaxand I figured what's a tld drawing without those beautiful night illuminations! 

Love it, and the colours are beautiful. Very reminiscent of TLD for sure and fits perfectly into that mysterious and enchanting apocalyptic world 😻

• Like 2

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

Love it, and the colours are beautiful. Very reminiscent of TLD for sure and fits perfectly into that mysterious and enchanting apocalyptic world 😻

Thank you! Now time to put all of the pencils away - Now that will take a while, lol! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Great picture!  Or what Matt said!😁 He beat me to it!😜

Haha, thanks!

Gonna have to scour the Web for more tld images to draw now, lol! 

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

But making a mess is the best part of art surely 😄

Haha it is - until I need to tidy it all back up again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Couldnt you use screenshots ?  🤔 

Sorry I didn't see your message! I could but as I have a reference on my phone, to use screenshots would mean printing out one from my laptop, which wouldn't be as good quality and it takes more time then just googling tld screenshots on the web

27 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

That captures the look of The Long Dark so well. I love the blending for the sunset as well. Very good job, so vibrant yet so lonely!

Thank you! 😊

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Sorry I didn't see your message! I could but as I have a reference on my phone, to use screenshots would mean printing out one from my laptop, which wouldn't be as good quality and it takes more time then just googling tld screenshots on the web

Thank you! 😊

No problem!  Oh I see! I should point out that I'm an idiot when it comes to tech stuff. But I actually got that!😁

• Upvote 1