Did anyone play the non redux wintertime and if so what was it like

Bearimpaler101

I played the original before the Redux and as I recall you did have to repair Jeremiahs broken rifle.  If memory serves, the broken spear was there too which needed repair using the forge at the maint. shed as well.  I remember finding a rifle because when Will gets back to Trapper's Cabin he remarks to Jeremiah that he fixed the rifle but mentions he now also has one himself.  one other thing was the radio.  in the original version, Jeremiah had a radio which he kept in a secret floor compartment by the workbench in the cabin.  If you look at the floor in the current game and in survival mode you can still see the "square outline" of the stash compartment in the floor.

I'm curious if the timecapsule has the original episodes as well?  if you really wanna see the evolution of the game, check out the time vault.  you would not believe the progression of the game if you don't have a reference point from where it all started.  It's just amazing to say the least!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Oh and by the way the scenes look cooler but the one where you save Jeremiah is a bit worse than in the redux in my oppinion because he doesnt wear his Wolfskin coat and will just picks up the rifle where as in the redux he had it run to it and in non redux Jeremiah just had the bear on him  and I'm redux you see I knock him over

yeah, I wanna say that Astrid's scenes in the Redux have been nearly completely replaced  the scenes from the original release.  Much more detailed now comparatively.  It's been many years since I played the orginal and to be honest and having just recently played the story line I am kinda on the fence about the changes.  I think that Hinterland probably thought that the Redux improved on the story line or at least the playability aspect of the game, but I do think that something fundamental was lost in the process.  Can't quite put my finger on it, but there it is. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Was Mathis the same or was he even there?

The Redux only covered Episodes 1 and 2 
and as I remember it before the updated versions were released,  I think the player just turned into the room there and 
almost immediately got conked on the head.  If I remember right, the scene was Mackenzie just blacking out from the hit as
Mathis was starting to talk.   I think maybe they showed his evil grinning face.  That was a one small cut scene from a long time ago
so I could be remembering it a little different.

But yeah he did look pretty much the same before the Redux,
maybe not as well drawn and defined back thenEverything that came after that is what you are playing today.