Stat in Journal - Wolves Destracted by Decoys

UpUpAway95

Has anyone done any science on this stat to determine when exactly it triggers?  I've been recently playing along at home with the All Your Bases tournament and I just noticed that my journal has counted 1 wolf distracted by a decoy.  The only problem is that the only place I have dropped any meat at all is right in front of my base and I wasn't hunted wolves at the time at all.  I've not even thrown any stones as this is against the tournament rules.  The only thing I can think of was that a wolf was somewhere nearby when I dropped/placed the meat in front of my base (which is in Broken Railroad), but I'm wondering what the science says about it.  BTW, animals are all passive per the tournament rules.

I completely stoped using decoys, after Hinterland futzed with the mechanic, and it didn't reliably work anymore in Stalker and Interloper.

The problem as I see it is that a stinky decoy works, but it also attracts wolves from afar.

If you just drop non-stinky, cooked meat, it doesn't work. So why would I carry decoy meat to distract wolves that otherwise wouldn't have noticed me ?

-t

Edited by turtle777

7 hours ago, turtle777 said:

I completely stoped using decoys, after Hinterland futzed with the mechanic, and it didn't reliably work anymore in Stalker and Interloper.

The problem as I see it is that a stinky decoy works, but it also attracts wolves from afar.

If you just drop non-stinky, cooked meat, it doesn't work. So why would I carry decoy meat to distract wolves that otherwise wouldn't have noticed me ?

-t

What I was mostly wondering about is what triggers the game to apply the use of a decoy in the stats page, not whether or not the decoy works... mostly because in this case, I wasn't intentionally using a decoy, but the game credited me with having used one on the stats page.  So, if a decoy attracts a wolf from way far away, does the stat increases?... even if the player doesn't actually take a shot at said wolf?