I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well it's more fun thinking I'm a guinea pig  rather than Astrid! I can just pretend she's squeaking instead of some of those really annoying comments! 😁

Haha yeah she really annoys me sometimes. That's why I turned survivor monologue off in my custom world.Best decision I ever made, lol! 

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha yeah she really annoys me sometimes. That's why I turned survivor monologue off in my custom world.Best decision I ever made, lol! 

Dont think I could do that! It gets a bit too quite sometimes!  But how do you go over the carry weight by picking up a feather? 😁 

Should ask Matt that one shouldn't  I  lol😁

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Dont think I could do that! It gets a bit too quite sometimes!  But how do you go over the carry weight by picking up a feather? 😁 

Should ask Matt that one shouldn't  I  lol😁

Haha he's probably the best person to ask, I'm no shaver unfortunately. 

And I get that, it is a lot more quiet but I definitely like it. A lot better than the 'I've never been so hungry in my life' s, for sure! 

• Like 1

Can't imagine not having the character's voice on, particularly for various prompts to eat and drink if I'm being particularly neglectful. Might be interesting though, and probably enhances the quietude.

Indeed, feathers are heavy in bulk after a hefty sesh with the ol' clippers ✂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha he's probably the best person to ask, I'm no shaver unfortunately. 

And I get that, it is a lot more quiet but I definitely like it. A lot better than the 'I've never been so hungry in my life' s, for sure! 

True! There's no  better barber  on great bear than him!😁 

I don't have that problem!most of the time anyway! Too many moose around!🙂  But in areas where it's not I can go for days seeing nothing!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Can't imagine not having the character's voice on, particularly for various prompts to eat and drink if I'm being particularly neglectful. Might be interesting though, and probably enhances the quietude.

I ignore her anyway! She gets fed when I think she deserves it!😜 

And the crimpers, and the curlers  😁

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

By the  light.. of the silvery moon...

Howwwwwllll😜 

Barber shop quartet! 

Don't mind me I've gone  crazy🙂

I've just spent the last half hour drawing a guinea pig, with a shotgun, chasing a wolf. Think I've gone a tad crazy too, lol! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Exactly! 

Think I'm going to turn off my phone and get ready for bed, I'm really tired for some reason, lol

Good night guys, hope to see you around tomorrow :)

Stay awesome, both of you

You too! Sleep well ! Both of you!😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt Lomax said:

You make a good point there!  Manys a time I've not paid attention to thirst and hunger!  Could make a huge difference to how long you survive!  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You make a good point there!  Manys a time I've not paid attention to thirst and hunger!  Could make a huge difference to how long you survive!  

For me I generally starve my survivor anyway with the lack of food everywhere and I'm always watching the thirst bar so I've not neglected Will just yet. 

It really does enhance the quietness and I think I'll have my survivor be mute more often

Spent half the morning wandering around bleak looking for wolves.  Except at the cannery there were none!  No deer either!  Even the rabbits were only local to the cannery area!  I did manage to herd a bunny towards a wolf, and it killed it! 

Again approaching from the rear I edged forward. No growling while eating which seems to be the norm for timberwolves.  I had to edge left slightly to make sure it was aware I was there. Finally it turned toward me  and went into attack stance growling. I took a small step forward hoping it would attack but sadly it turned and ran off. 

I think bleak wasn't the best place to go!  I have got 2 wolf hides so I'll make a coat soon and see if it makes any difference!   It is possible that my pilgrim run might be different because I use the bear roll as well as the wolf coat! If they still attack whilst I'm wearing the coat that should prove that the bear roll is indeed a deterrent!  

For now I'm back in mystery lake wondering on my next location! 

Possibly  TWM!  If the mystery blizzards stop anyway! 🙂

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Catlover said:

For me I generally starve my survivor anyway with the lack of food everywhere and I'm always watching the thirst bar so I've not neglected Will just yet. 

It really does enhance the quietness and I think I'll have my survivor be mute more often

I can understand that! Especially if you're on stalker or loper!  

But with pilgrim settings being what they are, it's easy enough not to worry to much about actually being in danger! You get to the point that you take things for granted , like  it's almost too easy!  Like I said ,I've spent so much time running around chasing those poor wolves I don't notice the thirst etc going down! Until she starts moaning, that is😁 

Dread to think what I'd to her if I couldn't hear her sometimes!😁 

But there are times when you just want the quiet! Sitting at the mountaineer's hut during the aurora for example!  Beautiful feeling!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Good morning btw!🙂

Good morning! I hope you're good :)

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I can understand that! Especially if you're on stalker or loper!  

But with pilgrim settings being what they are, it's easy enough not to worry to much about actually being in danger! You get to the point that you take things for granted , like  it's almost too easy!  Like I said ,I've spent so much time running around chasing those poor wolves I don't notice the thirst etc going down! Until she starts moaning, that is😁 

Dread to think what I'd to her if I couldn't hear her sometimes!😁 

But there are times when you just want the quite! Sitting at the mountaineer's hut during the aurora for example!  Beautiful feeling!

Haha yeah I play on a custom loper, with guns and more wildlife so unfortunately I'm not able to take many things for granted, especially as the number of wildlife will decrease so I can't even take wolves for granted! 

Though yeah I bet its easy to forget when you're running around with that rifle 🙂

And yes those moments are beautiful, watching the sun rise without Will moaning about everything under the sun. 

Also ooh its snowing irl 😍

Good morning! I hope you're good :)

Haha yeah I play on a custom loper, with guns and more wildlife so unfortunately I'm not able to take many things for granted, especially as the number of wildlife will decrease so I can't even take wolves for granted! 

Though yeah I bet its easy to forget when you're running around with that rifle 🙂

And yes those moments are beautiful, watching the sun rise without Will moaning about everything under the sun. 

Also ooh its snowing irl 😍

Lucky thing! 

I've just got boring sunshine!   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Lucky thing! 

I've just got boring sunshine!   

It's not snowing as much now but it suddenly started snowing loads! Looks like it's going to turn into boring sunshine soon sadly. I don't get why it's snowing lol, it's pretty much spring! 

It's not snowing as much now but it suddenly started snowing loads! Looks like it's going to turn into boring sunshine soon sadly. I don't get why it's snowing lol, it's pretty much spring! 

I think you're  too young to remember all those white Easters we used to get!   Global warming probably! Sadly! It was great fun!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

I think you're  too young to remember all those white Easters we used to get!   Global warming probably! Sadly! It was great fun!

Unfortunately I likely am, your tales of 5ft easter snow makes me jealous 😅. Its likely snowing less due to a lot of factors. More houses and central heating, warming temperature, etc. Very sad 😭

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Unfortunately I likely am, your tales of 5ft easter snow makes me jealous 😅. Its likely snowing less due to a lot of factors. More houses and central heating, warming temperature, etc. Very sad 😭

We didn't have central heating then either! It got very very cold!😁 But spending the school holidays making caves in the snow drifts was great fun!   Can't even make snow dogs any more! Not enough snow😭  

I've had a few hours of snow here so far. And that was in November!  Never had snow that early ,ever!  Very weird! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

We didn't have central heating then either! It got very very cold!😁 But spending the school holidays making caves in the snow drifts was great fun!   Can't even make snow dogs any more! Not enough snow😭  

I've had a few hours of snow here so far. And that was in November!  Never had snow that early ,ever!  Very weird! 

Yeah we got so much snow in November, it was so weird lol! Thought it was setting us up for a snowy winter but I was disappointed. I must be more northern than you as we generally get enough for a small snowman, especially over these last few years. 

Hopefully next year you'll be luckier. And at least you got a very snowy childhood, you must have some really cool memories

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah we got so much snow in November, it was so weird lol! Thought it was setting us up for a snowy winter but I was disappointed. I must be more northern than you as we generally get enough for a small snowman, especially over these last few years. 

Hopefully next year you'll be luckier. And at least you got a very snowy childhood, you must have some really cool memories

Lol yeah  great memories!  Even more fun when you have a dog!  Until it pee's on your snowman!  🤣 

Glad your winters are more normal though!

• Upvote 1