I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

It's working now, so your good luck helped! I decided I wanted to just resume my current game and it's stressful but fun!

Just shot a deer and had to run, very slowly, all the way back to the community hall before my stinkiness attracted wolves. Fortunately I got back in one piece. Those kind of decisions are why I love TLD, it's such a high risk, high reward kinda game and because I took a risk, I'm not going to starve for the next week or so, but it could have easily ended up with me attracting a wolf, or even a bear, and I'm glad it didn't, lol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

It's working now, so your good luck helped! I decided I wanted to just resume my current game and it's stressful but fun!

Just shot a deer and had to run, very slowly, all the way back to the community hall before my stinkiness attracted wolves. Fortunately I got back in one piece. Those kind of decisions are why I love TLD, it's such a high risk, high reward kinda game and because I took a risk, I'm not going to starve for the next week or so, but it could have easily ended up with me attracting a wolf, or even a bear, and I'm glad it didn't, lol!

That's great!  Glad its working and glad you're having fun! 😀

59 minutes ago, Catlover said:

There should be a way to wash on the game, maybe boil some water and take a bath to chill out ... in the freezing cold houses. You'd think hauling all that meat for months/years might leave a bit of a pong on the clothes/backpack. Could also replace spray cans with deodorant. Good work on the deer ... And avoiding the bearded warriors.

10 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

There should be a way to wash on the game, maybe boil some water and take a bath to chill out ... in the freezing cold houses. You'd think hauling all that meat for months/years might leave a bit of a pong on the clothes/backpack. Could also replace spray cans with deodorant. Good work on the deer ... And avoiding the bearded warriors.

Haha yeah because hygiene is important, even in the frozen wasteland of tld! 

But yeah I completely get that and agree. You ought to post it on the wishlist, it's actually a decent wish for once! 

Also you ought to check the mods as something like that may already exist

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha yeah because hygiene is important, even in the frozen wasteland of tld! 

But yeah I completely get that and agree. You ought to post it on the wishlist, it's actually a decent wish for once! 

Also you ought to check the mods as something like that may already exist

Certainly is, don't wanna be a stinky survivor. Mike never even uses the toilet 😬 Must be bursting

Yeah thanks for the suggestion, don't think anyone cares about my daft ideas though 😄

No mods for me, I'm afraid. Console guy only 😭

46 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Certainly is, don't wanna be a stinky survivor. Mike never even uses the toilet 😬 Must be bursting

Yeah thanks for the suggestion, don't think anyone cares about my daft ideas though 😄

Not a daft idea... Post it!🙂 don't forget the rubber duck too. I mean who takes them when they're fleeing for their lives!?😁

• Like 1

Haha it's necessary! But I agree, you never have daft ideas!

47 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Hate to say it but yet another reason why pc is the best 😜Except when it goes all staticy and crashes, that is..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not a daft idea... Post it!🙂 don't forget the rubber duck too. I mean who takes them when they're fleeing for their lives!?😁

Ye... Nah 😄 How cool would it be to have a bath. After 1300+ days my survivor may actually dissolve 🙊 Of course, a duck would be the icing 🎉

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha it's necessary! But I agree, you never have daft ideas!

Hate to say it but yet another reason why pc is the best 😜Except when it goes all staticy and crashes, that is..

Haha! Had a few crashes on console, so can't get one over on you with that 😄 And thanks ☺

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Mines never crashed! Sorry guys!🙂 

No bath?  Eww!  Stinky Will .  Doesn't deserve a rubber duck🙂

Haha well how many times has your survivor bathed, in between all of the wolf maulings. They're probably pretty stinky from all that wolf breath on them. lol!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha well how many times has your survivor bathed, in between all of the wolf maulings. They're probably pretty stinky from all that wolf breath on them. lol!

None yet! But Astrid hasn't been running around on the ice in forlorn yet! 

Ice cold baths await, specially in all those blizzard's I keep getting!😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha if you made the right tools you could learn to ice carve! That would be cool, covering great bear in beautiful ice sculptures

But yeah a pixaxe would be really cool!

Never thought of that! That'd be awesome!   Might scare the wolves away too! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Ooh yeah, make ice traps too perhaps. Carve three by three set of icicles, cover it in snow, lure a wolf over and then no more wolfie! 

Honestly we need to take advantage of all this ice, lol!

If we could smear some food on a block of ice, we could just wait for the wolves to  get their tongues stuck on it! 😁 

Or make some peach popsicles!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If we could smear some food on a block of ice, we could just wait for the wolves to  get their tongues stuck on it! 😁

This is going straight on that wishlist! Smear some peanut butter, and then wait. Stuck wolves will make for some great target practice. Only if you're willing to part with the peanut butter that is 😄

Edit- Another cool item would be some ice skates! We could whizz past the skiing moose and it would for sure be a fun way to fast travel!

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

This is going straight on that wishlist! Smear some peanut butter, and then wait. Stuck wolves will make for some great target practice. Only if you're willing to part with the peanut butter that is 😄

Edit- Another cool item would be some ice skates! We could whizz past the skiing moose and it would for sure be a fun way to fast travel!

Lol! There's a lot of peanut butter lovers on this forum! Doubt they'd give it up for anything! 😁 

🙂 Think they're on the wish list already!  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Aren't they adding ice skates with the Bears on Bikes dlc? You thought bears were fast before? Wait till you see them speeding down the CH slopes towards you 😱

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Aren't they adding ice skates with the Bears on Bikes dlc? You thought bears were fast before? Wait till you see them speeding down the CH slopes towards you 😱

Oh no! Seriously though I just envisioned a hoard of bears, on bikes, speeding down a hill after you. Terrifying! But definitely a dlc I'd buy

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! There's a lot of peanut butter lovers on this forum! Doubt they'd give it up for anything! 😁 

🙂 Think they're on the wish list already!  

Haha that's true. I'd give up a lot of things for target practice but I do love my peanut butter...

Also I assumed it would be, skates are probably pretty popular, like the sled and dog requests.

Also, just saw your thing on peach popsicles. Great idea! We could make all kinds of frozen treats 😋

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 2