I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Sorry, I meant to break that sentence into a paragraph, stopped typing whilst I was playing then started again. Had a 3 day mega blizzard. Cleared up at night. Like an idiot I thought I could easily find my way back. I legged it from the fishing hut. Got lost on the way and ran into the wolf. I should finish messages before carrying them on 🙄 Just realised where I am finally 😄

Glad to hear it!  😁  Enjoy the calm after the storm! 

Have a good night!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Glad you figured out where you are! I was worried for Mike! I was wondering how you found a wolf in a blizzard, and how your torch didn't burn out, lol

Yeah, probably did sound confusing. I was panicking for Mike and forgot to send the first bit separately ... Or edit it out afterwards 😜 I clearly cannot multitask.

As for the snow shelter, I limit my cloth now due to resources being tight so look for alternate means of shelter. Certainly makes it interesting though on the rare occasions you become disoriented.

My sprint percentage sucks.

20220221_001054.jpg

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah, probably did sound confusing. I was panicking for Mike and forgot to send the first bit separately ... Or edit it out afterwards 😜 I clearly cannot multitask.

As for the snow shelter, I limit my cloth now due to resources being tight so look for alternate means of shelter. Certainly makes it interesting though on the rare occasions you become disoriented.

My sprint percentage sucks.

20220221_001054.jpg

Haha your warmth certainly doesn't, though! 

And with regards to the cloth thing, that makes sense. Though I can't imagine ever running out of cloth yet, lol

• Upvote 1

After half a morning of crafting arrows and killing and cooking the pensive moose I thought I'd head in the direction of keepers pass. After all the blizzards anyway! Gotta love PV!🙂 

After finally getting there I found it seemed a good  place to try my luck. After searching the trailer and not finding much,as usual, I had a quick look around the area. Lots of rabbits,but again just one lone wolf!  Seems to be no difference between medium and very high  when it comes to the settings in my opinion!  

After a couple of attempts at herding the bunnies  to the right place  I thought I'd got lucky. But the wolf ran off before I got anywhere near. This was mainly from the front of it ,so it was to be expected. 

However my second attempt proved successful despite the awkward position of the wolf and his dinner. He was halfway up a small angled boulder and somehow the rabbit was on a higher oneclinging to the sheer side of it. So my only approach was from the back and slightly to the right of it! As usual growling ,followed by attack.  I needed no medicine but the life bar was down a third! Took 13% damage to boots, snow pants and scarf again! And 15% damage to my newly repaired bunny gloves! Good job there were plenty of bunny carcasses lying around. Now I'm sitting out another blizzard before going to check out the rest of keepers pass.  Don't know if I'll go to BlackRock as I got very cold very quickly several times here,!   

But YAY! I got mauled again!😁

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Haha your warmth certainly doesn't, though! 

And with regards to the cloth thing, that makes sense. Though I can't imagine ever running out of cloth yet, lol

Yeah it's not too bad, preferred it at 31 degrees though. Now I'm getting chilly while ice fishing 🎣

Haha! Well, I'm maybe being over cautious. But now I've got rid of most of my cloth clothing I should be good for quite a while yet. Hopefully 😬

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah it's not too bad, preferred it at 31 degrees though. Now I'm getting chilly while ice fishing 🎣

Haha! Well, I'm maybe being over cautious. But now I've got rid of most of my cloth clothing I should be good for quite a while yet. Hopefully 😬

You need to stop with the fish!🙂  All that sniffing isn't good for you😜

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Hopefully, though I've heard cloth is very easy to run out of. Though isn't it technically unlimited with beach combing? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hopefully, though I've heard cloth is very easy to run out of. Though isn't it technically unlimited with beach combing? 

Thing is, I found 2 pieces in a beachcombing session and fell in twice ... So had to pretty much use up what I'd found 😄 Obviously I'll get better the more I do, but only tried it once at CH and DP. Not sure how often they respawn or what items wash in.

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You need to stop with the fish!🙂  All that sniffing isn't good for you😜

😂 It's very addictive feeling those scales against your nostrils ... Aaaand inhale 🙊😝

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thing is, I found 2 pieces in a beachcombing session and fell in twice ... So had to pretty much use up what I'd found 😄 Obviously I'll get better the more I do, but only tried it once at CH and DP. Not sure how often they respawn or what items wash in.

😂 It's very addictive feeling those scales against your nostrils ... Aaaand inhale 🙊😝

🤣🤣 Which is best? Mouldy or rancid?🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha not sure what is a worse habit, shaving plants or sniffing fish! 

I'm yet to fall in ice but as my next trip is down to the FM forge, I probably won't be able to keep that streak up for long, lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

🤣🤣 Which is best? Mouldy or rancid?🙂

Rancid 👍 Inhaling rot never gets old 😄

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha not sure what is a worse habit, shaving plants or sniffing fish! 

I'm yet to fall in ice but as my next trip is down to the FM forge, I probably won't be able to keep that streak up for long, lol 

Haha! It's a strange world I inhabit 😜

Oh no, mind where you step 😱 Don't take silly risks like I do to shave a few seconds off a journey. And yes, I even shave time 💪

• Like 2

Rancid 👍 Inhaling rot never gets old 😄

Haha! It's a strange world I inhabit 😜

Oh no, mind where you step 😱 Don't take silly risks like I do to shave a few seconds off a journey. And yes, I even shave time 💪

Haha what can't you shave? 

Gonna need to stop chatting now for a bit, unfortunately. Need to work on a TLD style drawing that I'm hoping to post here when it's done. I keep getting distracted by talking to you guys, lol! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Gonna need to stop chatting now for a bit, unfortunately. Need to work on a TLD style drawing that I'm hoping to post here when it's done. I keep getting distracted by talking to you guys, lol! 

No probs, got some PM's to do! Have fun !

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Looking forward to seeing your drawing 👍

24 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

No probs, got some PM's to do! Have fun !

Meant to say congratulations on your mauling, hope there are many more to come 🎉 It's all in the name of science after all 😻

I'll probably be on this evening, have fun out there adventurers 💪

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your drawing 👍

Meant to say congratulations on your mauling, hope there are many more to come 🎉 It's all in the name of science after all 😻

I'll probably be on this evening, have fun out there adventurers 💪

Why thank you kind sir🙂 I'll be back on in an hour  or so!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

On that note . I'm off in a minute to see if I can get mauled again! If I don't freeze to death.🙂 Keepers pass is just as bad as BlackRock!😁

Good luck, hope your arms get eaten off. Or one, at least. Happy maulings 🎈🎉

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Like 1

Day 89 I think!?🙂 

Decided to catch up on some reading. ,yep! Another blizzard!😭 When I could finally go and explore I found the wolf from earlier, I harvested his hide and guts as I'm thinking of trying the coat at some point to see if it does make a difference.  

There were another two wolves at the opposite end of the map but sadly no prey within herding distance. I decided to head back to PV and dump all the loot I'd found and slept, through a blizzard .  

In the morning I had blue skies so ran around the known  wolf spawns sites but all I found were deer! And lots of them.  Thought I'd try the barn area and nearly walked straight into one!  But after trudging around with no luck I let my temper get the better of me,and shot him! He ran off with my arrow in him and I tried to follow but the tracks and blood disappeared. And as usual for PV the weather took a turn for the worse. I'm now stuck in the barn waiting for it to pass. Gonna need to finish the gunsmithing books so I can make some more rounds soon. 

I did check the stats etc and found that I'd killed 12 wolves while only being attacked 9 times, not sure how though!? 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Matt Lomax said:

Good luck, hope your arms get eaten off. Or one, at least. Happy maulings 🎈🎉

Considering today was a bust I'll use your good wishes for tomorrow! 

And hope they rip my legs off!😁 I need my arms for using the rifle!  

Got moose to kill😜 and thanks!😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1