Does at least one moose always spawn in region?

Levelgrinder

moose spawning is fairly randomized.  there are no guarantees to when and where a moose will spawn, although there are some locations that seem to have a higher than expected ratio as compared to others.   when I find myself in ML, I usually check the area between the hunters blind and the clear cut area.  I typically find a moose there much more often than at Trappers and I've never seen one by the loading area near Carter Hydro although that big tree rub is prominent to see when you go by there.

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

and I've never seen one by the loading area near Carter Hydro although that big tree rub is prominent to see when you go by there.

It's pure chance. I've had that one repeatedly within the same game

I've also gone weeks without seeing a moose anywhere. Sometimes you just travel in a way to miss all of them

Edited by Serenity

37 minutes ago, Serenity said:

It's pure chance. I've had that one repeatedly within the same game

I've also gone weeks without seeing a moose anywhere. Sometimes you just travel in a way to miss all of them

you are right, it is pure chance!

I played a long game in DP once, over 250 days without leaving the map and had a moose spawn on the bridge no less than 4 times while I played there.  I've done similar times in other regions only to have never seen a moose in that area, ever.  I think it goes to support my point when I said that,
"moose spawning is fairly randomized.  there are no guarantees to when and where a moose will spawn." 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

you are right, it is pure chance!

I played a long game in DP once, over 250 days without leaving the map and had a moose spawn on the bridge no less than 4 times while I played there.  I've done similar times in other regions only to have never seen a moose in that area, ever.  I think it goes to support my point when I said that,
"moose spawning is fairly randomized.  there are no guarantees to when and where a moose will spawn." 

Seems so, as I've spent more than a week checking all three moose spawn points daily in ML, and no sightings so far.

There aren't even any tree rubs that I can find to even confirm a moose may have even been there once.

I'm starting to think that I just lucked out for a moose in ML on this run.

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I've never seen one by the loading area near Carter Hydro although that big tree rub is prominent to see when you go by there.

I've ran into one there once while escaping from the darkwalker lol. It wasn't by the loading area though but uphil the frozen river below the two trailers. But it was also the only time I've ever seen a Moose there.

7 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I've ran into one there once while escaping from the darkwalker lol. It wasn't by the loading area though but uphil the frozen river below the two trailers. But it was also the only time I've ever seen a Moose there.

I find it ironic that as a player we can easily find moose when we aren't looking for them, like as you are escaping the DarkWalker, but you don't see a moose in survival in the same area.  As I played story mode in Episode 4, found a big moose at the Bricklayer's Retreat and later when I went to BlackRock in survival mode, there was no moose there.  I think the dev's put those animals in game intentionally in the challenges and the story line however in survival mode they are as randomized as the algorythm can allow them to be.    

It would be a helluva game if everything that spawned was as random as that damn moose is!

• Upvote 3