what is this?

piddy3825

Hanging out with Jeremiah at his cabin when I notice this

screen_9893acfe-462f-4244-8e7e-831c14ba114d_hi.thumb.png.e1673bf2d8cede66a75f5b932595b1fe.png

so what is this square object supposed to be?   Is it one of those carpeted rubber mats you wipe your boots off one 
or was it meant to be the illustration artist's idea of what a floor hatch in  the cabin should look like?

The idea of having a floor hatch for storage makes sense, but why not make it look like a hatch, like the one in the mountaineer's hut, if
that was the look they were going for.  

so what do you think this is, hatch or a piece of carpet?

• Upvote 1

If i remember correctly, before the REDUX upd. when Jeremiah said to deliver a message to atwood (aka starting Chapter 4: Renewed Hope), Will left the cabin and Jeremiah opened this hatch only to reveal the HAM radio similar to the one present today in ep 2. No clue why he hid that HAM radio thought...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

If i remember correctly, before the REDUX upd. when Jeremiah said to deliver a message to atwood (aka starting Chapter 4: Renewed Hope), Will left the cabin and Jeremiah opened this hatch only to reveal the HAM radio similar to the one present today in ep 2. No clue why he hid that HAM radio thought...

Wow, good memory!  I really should play the episodes again - just hard to tear myself away from Survival.

27 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

yeah, you are absolutely right!  He did have the radio hidden down in the floor hatch before the ReDux.  I guess it's just another left over that was just glossed over.
I woulda liked to have been able to use it as a little storage area in survival mode.

27 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Wow, good memory!  I really should play the episodes again - just hard to tear myself away from Survival.

are there episodes in the time capsule from before the ReDux?  I know I haven't check, but I did play some of the old maps outta the time capsule and it was amazing to see how the game has progressed since the initial pre-release.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, A Lamp said:

You're right, I remember this as well. I wonder if it's something that is still going to be brought up, or if it's been "retconned" since redux is no longer true to the story.