Clothing Protection Level

hozz1235

Cool post. Not sure how accurate this is, or what "112% protection" actually gives you. Does it mean wolves hurt themselves by 12% if they attack you??

"The highest possible protection value that can currently be achieved is 112% with a pair of Ski Boots (12%), Deerskin Pants (10%), Gauntlets (6%), Moose-hide cloak (20%), Rabbitskin hat (4%), Crampons (10%), and the Ballistic Vest (50%)"
https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Clothing

BTW what hat and gloves are they?

Just succumbed myself to a bear attack with 91% protection.  Here's the results.  Call me the "Bear Wrangler"!

Untitled.png

Ballistic Vest took a 5% condition hit.  Doesn't seem to repairable (at least with a sewing kit).  The rest of my clothes got thrashed.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Like 2

Guest jeffpeng

You know, if the vest like protected clothing that would have been an actual argument for the thing past early game. Still. Coming out of a bear wrestle basically unscathed is quite impressive. So I guess it really does reduce damage linearly.

14 hours ago, Levelgrinder said:

Cool post. Not sure how accurate this is, or what "112% protection" actually gives you. Does it mean wolves hurt themselves by 12% if they attack you??

"The highest possible protection value that can currently be achieved is 112% with a pair of Ski Boots (12%), Deerskin Pants (10%), Gauntlets (6%), Moose-hide cloak (20%), Rabbitskin hat (4%), Crampons (10%), and the Ballistic Vest (50%)"
https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Clothing

BTW what hat and gloves are they?

By the way, note that crampons no longer give 10% as before, Now this has been changed for the balance of the game - now crampons give + 3% protection (you can even see it in the screenshot). But the question is interesting - it's worth testing 👍

Guest jeffpeng

The Moose Hide Cloak is also down from 25% to 20%. Both together are quite the significant nerf to a normal late game loadout, and kinda invalidate the Moose Hide Cloak, which already had a tough standing against the Bearskin Coat. It's still best in slot for protection, but you really have to weigh protection heavily to make up for the superior protection from the elements a Bearskin Coat provides.

I was one advocating for the Moose Hide over the Bearskin in the past. I must admit my opinion now has changed.

Edited by jeffpeng

2 hours ago, turtle777 said:

I wonder if the "unrepairability" of the ballistic vest is due to rushed roll-out ?

Crampons started out as being not repairable, but now they are.

If the ballistic vest can never be repaired, ii is basically even more worthless.

-t

It's worth something for up to 20 bear attacks...

• Upvote 1