Need help with Polaroid in AC

ChillPlayer

I've spend about 100 ingame days looking into every nook and cranny of AC for the 2nd polaroid but it just isn't there. I've filled a bug report several weeks ago but haven't heard back either and because this is the last polaroid I am missing on my current playthrough, I am hoping that maybe the community can help me out.

Question: has anyone ever found a polaroid NOT in one of the places I've marked on the following map?polaroid3.thumb.png.c0f5b6a282a7266fdf497fb6f4cc6b01.png

polaroid1.thumb.png.9475bb113629b289431ade17806e4271.pngpolaroid2.thumb.png.e0cde6bc3c25e9bbd339475d48980197.png

". . . has anyone ever found a polaroid NOT in one of the places"

I have.

But the F8 or F9 screen save in my TLD does not seem to be saving the screens.  (at least not on the Desktop where I would usually find them). This is particularly irritating as I have made a long STALKER trip from the Camp Office to Ash Camyon to make a couple of screen saves.1665496521_AshCanyonpolaroid..thumb.JPG.f89754eb9a0f125e1ba9e53dab5d9bbb.JPG

On my first trip to Ash Canyon, just after it was released, I found a plastic box in which was a Polaroid, I think, of Wolf 's Jaw Overlook.  The box was very easy to find.  I have maked it with a red cross on a copy of your map.  I have checked this box many times on other runs and have never found a Polarioid there again.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, peteloud said:

On my first trip to Ash Canyon, just after it was released, I found a plastic box in which was a Polaroid, I think, of Wolf 's Jaw Overlook.  The box was very easy to find.  I have maked it with a red cross on a copy of your map.  I have checked this box many times on other runs and have never found a Polarioid there again.

Are you sure it was in that location and not the box slightly more north? I'm pretty sure that I don't have a container there but I will check again. But it's the first hint I've got for a yet unknown location so I am a bit excited :D. Unfortunately I am at HRV right now but will make my way back to AC soon, I'll update this thread then.

Seeing your map of this area made me realise that I had not mapped the area above that plastic container.  So today I went to another old game and remapped that area. 

Once again I am having the same problem as yesterday when my F8 screen dump did not appear on my desktop.  Yesterday the F8 screen dumps appeared a couple of hours later.  I have exited TLD but the screen dump has still not appeared.  I have not had this problem in the past.  When it turns up I'll edit the message to include my map.

I put the computer to sleep and the map was there when I restarted it.

1235001015_screen_(34684-811)_0c533cf3-d132-444b-96ca-27a7c35bb38b.thumb.png.ac2e1ffee3bb51fec536facb301d238e.png

Edited by peteloud

4 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Seeing your map of this area made me realise that I had not mapped the area above that plastic container.  So today I went to another old game and remapped that area.

What's strange though, I've checked that container long ago and when I tried to open it today, it already showed that it was empty. But as you see on my first screenshot in this thread, it was not on the map. Only after I've put down the X mark at the container did it show up on the map.

Almost every time I visit AC I make an anti-clockwise circuit of the region.  I use the cave from the TWM Deer Clearing then head east(?), right, to that cave along the bottom which is shown on my map but not yours.  On the way I pass that plastic box. I check it evey time in spite of knowing that I will have emptied it on my first time passing it.  It was only on my first trip to AC, when it had just been released, I found ther Polaroid.  Maybe HTL made a few changes.

In today's visit to that small area I had very few bits of charcoal so I could not make a more thorough job of mapping the details.

Well I'm camping there for over 100 days now and I think I looked everywhere, I've been over the map a good dozen times now. There's one dark spot on my map near Miner's Folly, I will try to stone-cache my way up there - who knows, maybe it's another buggy spawn. But it would help if @Admin or someone else from HTL could tell if it's a bug or if I need to keep looking.

Edited by ChillPlayer

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, KafMax said:

What about you @ChillPlayer?

Nope didn't find it yet and I am positive that I've checked every known and unknown place, I even went in places where a player should not be possible to go, but nada. My bug report also never got answered and neither admin nor someone else from hinterland has ever said a single word about it.

Edited by ChillPlayer

2 hours ago, KafMax said:

And what about your polaroid count ? @ChillPlayer

lol I be damned - I did found one polaroid in BRM but also so far have only found one in AC. But according to the journal I now have found all:

1585959940_screen_(-11522856)_830296b4-46e5-4d6e-b46e-53ddbaeac472.thumb.png.ec9132bad266e961934c46fb51c89dec.png

I thought that the count before was 12/13 and now that I've found one in BRM it's 13/13 - so for some reason, my game only has one polaroid in AC and they new 3 months ago that there will be another one when BRM releases :D