Thank you hinterland

TheCanadianLoonie

My story with TLD goes back quite aways.  Im not quite certain when exactly my first time playing the game was, I think it was a 2 hour demo on the xbox 360. So im going to roll with that.  Who knew the impact that a 2 hour demo would have on some kid living in Toronto.  I purchased the game on the xbox one early in 2015, and I played the crap out of it and never even go out of the  mystery  lake .  I didnt really understand how the game worked, just how to surivive, I didnt even know how to get to any of the other regions.  Haven gotten hundreds of hours on it and eventually figureing out how to get to the coastal highway area, I quickly learned every single aspect of the game. I then bought the game on steam in early 2017.  This facination with TLD quickly transformed into a real life obcession, sparking my interest in the outdoors.  Being now an avid camper, hiker, hunter, fisher, and everything else to do with the outdoors in our beautiful country, I now even work for Ontario parks so I can be outside even longer... and get paid!  The amount of good thats in my life today as a result of a video game is huge.  So, I just want to post a thank you.  Its crazy what influence people who are pasonate about somthing can have on others. 

Thank you for shaping me into the man I am today, 

Sincerly 

H

ps. Stay Warm 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 7

On 10/29/2021 at 1:42 PM, TheCanadianLoonie said:

My story with TLD goes back quite aways.  Im not quite certain when exactly my first time playing the game was, I think it was a 2 hour demo on the xbox 360. So im going to roll with that.  Who knew the impact that a 2 hour demo would have on some kid living in Toronto.  I purchased the game on the xbox one early in 2015, and I played the crap out of it and never even go out of the  mystery  lake .  I didnt really understand how the game worked, just how to surivive, I didnt even know how to get to any of the other regions.  Haven gotten hundreds of hours on it and eventually figureing out how to get to the coastal highway area, I quickly learned every single aspect of the game. I then bought the game on steam in early 2017.  This facination with TLD quickly transformed into a real life obcession, sparking my interest in the outdoors.  Being now an avid camper, hiker, hunter, fisher, and everything else to do with the outdoors in our beautiful country, I now even work for Ontario parks so I can be outside even longer... and get paid!  The amount of good thats in my life today as a result of a video game is huge.  So, I just want to post a thank you.  Its crazy what influence people who are pasonate about somthing can have on others. 

Thank you for shaping me into the man I am today, 

Sincerly 

H

ps. Stay Warm 

Thank you for the kind words. It's great to hear how TLD influenced your life and sparked an interest in the great outdoors. We hope you keep playing, and look forward to sharing Great Bear Island with you in the years to come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:39 PM, Sito said:

Nice post!  I found the game from a CBC news article. Was totally intrigued and now have thousands of hours on it. TV has been off ever since.

While not a creator of this amaze work of art (please don't stop making magic, Hinterland...), this post made my day.  TLD > television.  ☻ Cheers.