Missing items!

Leeanda

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Could've sworn there was a hammer in forlorn cos I put it there! 2 weeks later, vanished!  Very odd thing to disappear! Just wondered if anyone else had this happen? 

I have had items disappear below the terrain before, particularly around the workbench. The only things I will leave on the ground now are replaceable things like sticks and coal. Any tools I shove in a container. Between the locker, drawers, safe, etc. there's usually enough storage space. Anything I DO have to leave out in the open I place way up in the loft. I've never had anything go missing up there!

17 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I have had items disappear below the terrain before, particularly around the workbench. The only things I will leave on the ground now are replaceable things like sticks and coal. Any tools I shove in a container. Between the locker, drawers, safe, etc. there's usually enough storage space. Anything I DO have to leave out in the open I place way up in the loft. I've never had anything go missing up there!

I lleft it on the workbench with the saw! The saw's still there! The annoying thing is I had to go back to desolation cos there's 2 there!

Edited by Leeanda

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I lleft it on the workbench with the saw! The saw's still there! The annoying thing is I had to go back to desolation cos there's 2 there!

Yep even items left on the workbench itself and not on the ground around it can disappear. I actually didn't know it was still a problem until I read your post. Once I lost my first hammer I got in the habit of stowing tools away.

Eh...or maybe Grey Mother found a way out of Milton and took your hammer.

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Yep even items left on the workbench itself and not on the ground around it can disappear. I actually didn't know it was still a problem until I read your post. Once I lost my first hammer I got in the habit of stowing tools away.

Eh...or maybe Grey Mother found a way out of Milton and took your hammer.

I'll remember that for future reference! Not my idea of fun having to traipse miles just to get another one!   

Not sure what the old biddy would need  a hammer for,unless she ran out of rifle ammo!

I doubt this was Grey Mother, but I've had my Recycled Can collection regularly disappear off the counter in the Camp Office near the pot-bellied stove. From now on, I'll remember to store valuables like this in a container, like in the corpse at the top of the stairs...